Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #9,331  
This is only about a quarter of the rounds I will end up hauling to the splitting area. I have orders for 7 cords of wood. It is all fir. This will be the most and likely the last firewood I will sell, don't want to cut down too many trees.
The money is going to help finance my trip to Germany later this year. After much, did I say much (like months on the internet), research I found the children of my father's sister a few weeks ago. She was the only know relative on my father's side to have survived the war and ended up in East Germany.
The first big clue was a birthday announcement congratulating her on her 90th birthday in a newspaper dated the year 2000. I have learnt that my aunt died in 2003. My father's other siblings all died during the war. After I found out what city (from the newspaper) she was in I made a list of all the people with her last name.The first one I called on the list of over 60 names I had ended up being her son, my cousin was absolutely astonished that I found them. I came to Canada as a young boy in 1956 but can still, with some difficulty, speak and understand German. I mailed him a letter and I got one in return this Wednesday.
And to be honest I find myself quite emotional about this.

That's really exciting. As I've mentioned, my wife is currently in Japan for the first time. Her Mom was a war bride after WWII. Unlike most of us, my wife grew up without knowing many relatives, even her Dad only had a sole sister, her small family and no one else. In the late 80's, one of her Mom's sisters visited from Japan and we did get to meet her. Something of a language barrier as we don't speak Japanese and she no English, but she sure did enjoy the nights we'd take her for a beer at Ft Dix Officers Club. Never completely understood, but she never married and had some sort of a dance studio in Osaka, which I understand to mean she was quite social. Sadly, she passed last year. But on this trip, my wife was able to make contact with her Mom's youngest sister in Osaka. Last Friday, my wife's 60th birthday, she was able to meet her aunt, her daughter and grandson. They had the benefit of another lady as interpreter. They even brought gifts, including so personals from the older sister who had passed. When my wife and I were discussing it the next day, I found I was as emotional as she was - such a very special meeting. Really wish we didn't have the language situation as they have invited my wife to please return and also bring me and they are interested in visiting us here in Hawaii. I grew up with the usual parcel of grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins of varied degrees, in 1 meeting at age 60, my wife effectively increased knowing her extended family by 1/3 - so yea, emotional indeed. Best of luck and enjoy to the max.

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #9,332  
2013-03-25, 0430

17 degrees right now and overcast. High will be 41 degrees and overcast all day.

Still no word on the contract extension...don't know if that's good or bad.

/ Good morning!!!! #9,333  
27 Degrees calling for mostly clouds today hoping to reach into the 40’s today.
Off to have some blood work done for my up coming annual physical.

/ Good morning!!!! #9,334  
22F over cast touching low 40's again,highs slowly creeping up each day..fingers cross by the end of week 50's. :)

/ Good morning!!!! #9,335  
Coffee is poured. 30 degrees with clouds and wind this morning. Heading to 38 with clouds and flurries. Bad weather seems to have missed my place again. Cleaning up yard did not get done yesterday. Ground is still too frozen to break soil up. May have to wait until next month when temperatures get warmer. Not much to do today. Maybe stay in and clean up garage.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #9,336  
When I got up at like 0325 it was 34 and the 4-5 inches of snow dropped last evening was pretty much down to 2" slushy.

I'm not sleeping very well, I wonder why? :confused2:

I've packed the last of my stuff I need to survive for a short separation into my truck & I'm leaving for the dentist and work soon. I will be back Sunday to visit for Easter dinner etc.

I've got a bunch of stuff done that was on Her list that I had not done yet. I hope that helps my case...

I am feeling a bit calmer and trying to stay optimistic.

Time to feed the ducks and chickens...

Be well all,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #9,337  
well 29 degrees got 3" snow under winter storm warning thru tuesday so might get alot of snow by then. David hope things get better for you be thinking about and keeping you in our prayers. everyone have a good day.

/ Good morning!!!!
#9,338  
32 and headed for mid 30's. Last year at this time, it was in the 50's on up. I need my global warming!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #9,339  
Yea, those global warming guys that were crowing last year, sure are quiet now!:D
Snow last night, rained and melted it, rain turned to snow this morning, YUCK!!!