Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #9,401  
Drinking first cup of coffee. 26 degrees with clear skies this morning. Heading to 43 with a mix of sun and clouds. Pecking away at cleaning up lawn damage done while plowing snow.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #9,402  
Good Morning! 54˚ getting up to 74˚, partly cloudy, light humid winds from the south.

So, I joined the gym in town to increase my strength. I've been doing pretty good the last three weeks only missing 2 days. I'm increasing my reps and weights. They had a customer appreciation day and the strongest man competition 2 days ago. The weight lifters 30 years younger than me were blowing me away. So I asked to be put on the over 50 list.
They complied.
I was looking pretty good for winning the t-shirt prize until this new stocky guy with a retired Army Cap on entered the competition. He blew me away too, and there was no prize for second place. After I talked with him I learned he was an Army vet on 100% disability, that did not help.:confused3:

I countered with I had a heart attack, he counter with he had a stroke. I counter with I had knee surgery, he countered with he had a steel plate in his leg and a defective back, I gave up he deserves the t-shirt .... I need to intensify my workout.

So yesterday we are talking again and since the competition he has had to take a lot of extra pain meds, I did not need any meds. So, in the long run, in my mind.... I WIN! even though he is wearing that silly t-shirt. :D

/ Good morning!!!! #9,403  
52* here, and going into the mid to upper 60s! Maybe I'll get my garden back in the ground this coming weekend.

I liked your story about the gym, TXDon! If you need a workout this summer, I always have hay to stack in the barn, if we ever get rain! And yes, I usually do it myself. I keep telling myself, it saves me tha gym membership, just like the hoe in my hand does. ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #9,404  
52* here, and going into the mid to upper 60s! Maybe I'll get my garden back in the ground this coming weekend.

I liked your story about the gym, TXDon! If you need a workout this summer, I always have hay to stack in the barn, if we ever get rain! And yes, I usually do it myself. I keep telling myself, it saves me tha gym membership, just like the hoe in my hand does. ;)

You know, I thought when I retired and lived on the farm I would get a good workout everyday just doing what needs to be done. But then I do an strenuous activity that is not done every day and I get mighty sore. I'm hoping these workouts will keep me in shape so a new activity won't be so painful afterwards. I don't know if the 19 is your age but when you pass the 50 mark you will understand.

/ Good morning!!!! #9,405  
There's a big difference in work and cardio exercise.

I still got the crud or whatever, wife won't treat me, tells me to go to my doctor. I ask why the heck does she think I married her!:D
Anyway, still cool and windy every day, come on warm weather!

/ Good morning!!!! #9,406  
its another sunny morning but cool 22 getting up to 41 today.the snow is going slow.

/ Good morning!!!! #9,407  
There's a big difference in work and cardio exercise.

That's for sure. I doubt many have a workout heart rate of 140+ for very long while hoeing.
I am also keeping my cardio exercise up while I'm there. After I do the weights it's 3 miles on the elliptical (38-42 minutes-level 15).

/ Good morning!!!!
#9,408  
Good morning, 32 and might hit 50 today!! Nice and sunny right now, so it feels warmer out there. A possum showed up at the chicken coop last night. I don't mind the little guys, but I need to get rid of any threats to the chickens....

/ Good morning!!!! #9,409  
Mostly sun with perhaps some cloud, high of 15C/59F. Expect to go over 60F tomorrow.
Building a rough road into the area of my last logs to cut up, makes taking them out so much easier, I always enjoy my seat time. :) :tractor: :cool2:

/ Good morning!!!! #9,410  
You know, I thought when I retired and lived on the farm I would get a good workout everyday just doing what needs to be done. But then I do an strenuous activity that is not done every day and I get mighty sore. I'm hoping these workouts will keep me in shape so a new activity won't be so painful afterwards. I don't know if the 19 is your age but when you pass the 50 mark you will understand.

I'm past the 60 mark and I fully understand. :laughing::laughing:
Good post about the T-shirt. :thumbsup: