Page 975 of 2790 FirstFirst ... 4758759259659729739749759769779789851025107514751975 ... LastLast
Results 9,741 to 9,750 of 27897
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST, Case DX35

Quote Originally Posted by mostly_gas View Post
    Good morning all. 62F this morning and headed to 78F has rained, with more in forecast.

Sadamo what are you doing to lose weight ?

Ron sorry you are going through the care-giving routine, went through it with Dad and Alzheimer's
    Being sensible I hope LOL I really dislike diets. Fought weight limits most of the years I was in the army, even being an active runner, I dreaded a surprise weigh-in. One of my happier days would be a birthday when the allowance would go up 2 lbs. unfortunately, I let my weight creep up these last few years, especially since I no longer work an 8 hour day.

A bit ago we saw a report on this British Dr and a fast type approach: http://vimeo.com/54089463
    Bought the book thru Amazon and one of those smart wifi scales. To me the motivating stuff was the science, the chemistry changes, the measurable health benefits.

Yesterday was my first Fast day, meaning I could pretty much eat whatever just limit to 600 calories. My last 150 of the day was a glass of beer
    None fast days have no restrictions, but I have chosen to cut back, not over eat as I have become accustomed to lately.

Also back to exercise, basically the stationary bike and treadclimber. I don't run any longer due to knee replacements. I'm doing 15/day, alternating machines with immediate goal of adding 5 minutes per week getting back to 30 minutes then I'll reevaluate. Will also add in some light weight/resistance work.

Wife is my partner in this, so doing it together. Logging everything in a spreadsheet, the scale links to our iPhone which wife finds motivating.

So, not so much a diet, but a definite lifestyle change, a much needed one. I also taken some inspiration from Txdon and his journey. At 66, I've decided I need to get healthier to live longer and also be productive.

Sorry for longish answer, but felt it necessary

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet
    David
    Please visit: Vacation Hawaii

CK30HST, FEL w/ATI Tach all, Toothbar, Pallet forks, BH, Hydraulic Offset Flail, Brush Hog, Box Blade, PHD, Tiller, Landscape Rake, Boom pole w/extension&winch, Quick hitch, TuffTop Canopy
    Case DX35 w/LX116 "bobtach" Loader,

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1855

Default Re: Good morning!!!!

86 right now, 12 days ago it snowed all day!
    Randy
    Southern boy and proud to tell it! Live and let live...

Tractor
    in-between tractors

Good morning all. 62F this morning and headed to 78F has rained, with more in forecast.

Sadamo what are you doing to lose weight ?

Ron sorry you are going through the care-giving routine, went through it with Dad and Alzheimer's

Tractor
    Kubota L5030 1947 Farmall A John Deere Z910

Sodamo, good luck on your diet. If the fasting diet doesn't work for you after 6 months you can always do my diet (that ought to give you incentive). I know you like your diet cause you can eat anything you want. I like mine because I can eat as much as I want. Keep us updated.

Bottom line - more calories out than in.
    TXDon

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Made it to 80 here today and with big rains expected tomorrow decided to fertilize my evergreen trees. We have fertilized them since they were seedlings maybe 7 years ago and the difference in growth has been dramatic.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1855

Quote Originally Posted by txdon View Post
    Sodamo, good luck on your diet. If the fasting diet doesn't work for you after 6 months you can always do my diet (that ought to give you incentive). I know you like your diet cause you can eat anything you want. I like mine because I can eat as much as I want. Keep us updated.

Bottom line - more calories out than in.
    I learned many years ago that weight loss is simple, burn more calories than you eat. Easy, not as much...
    Randy

Tractor
    new holland tn70

wow what a day today, 85 degrees 1 week ago it snowed 3 " but it's about over got storms and cooler air headed in thrusday afternoon. everyone have a good one.

Tractor
    Kubota L5030 1947 Farmall A John Deere Z910

Got back from my evening walk with sad news. My fat cat "Bootie" (he had white feet) had been missing and I found his body about 100 yards from the house. The buzzards were already feasting so a cause of death was impossible. He now rest in a grave under a tree. He was the only cat that would follow us like a dog to the mailbox. Whipper lost a friend also.

Here's a picture Whipper and Bootie walking to the mailbox with us - two strays that adopted us.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -bootie-rip-jpg  
    TXDon

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1855

Don, I'm sorry, my best buddy cat, Yoda died in is sleep 6 months ago and it till hurts. Your little buddy was a pretty kitty, God bless.
    Randy

Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST, Case DX35

That's sad to hear Don. So sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing.

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet
    David
    Please visit: Vacation Hawaii

CK30HST, FEL w/ATI Tach all, Toothbar, Pallet forks, BH, Hydraulic Offset Flail, Brush Hog, Box Blade, PHD, Tiller, Landscape Rake, Boom pole w/extension&winch, Quick hitch, TuffTop Canopy
    Case DX35 w/LX116 "bobtach" Loader,

Page 975 of 2790 FirstFirst ... 4758759259659729739749759769779789851025107514751975 ... LastLast