Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #9,761  
31 degrees with light frost at 6am.

I really didn't want more winter, but the forecasts for Friday afternoon and evening are ranging from 2-4 to 3-6 inches of snow. Yuck.

It won't hang around long, and may not have to be plowed, depending on temps, but I am ready to see the backside of winter this year.

/ Good morning!!!! #9,762  
Ron, I know your mother will do fine in the nursing home because you will visit her often. I think some nursing homes are as bad as they are because people have this "put 'em and forget 'em" attitude about older folks. If you visit often, the staff knows they have to be on their toes, and will give your loved ones better care.

Don, sorry about Bootie. It may have been a coyote that did it, but you'll never know. Good cats are hard to find and Bootie was a good one. Whipper needs a new friend now. I'm sure she misses Bootie as much as you do.

It got close to a freeze here last night, but not quite. The frost was light and my garden survived after a nice 1/2" rain shower. The garden is growing and all is well at Rockin' Anchor Ranch.:)

/ Good morning!!!! #9,763  
good morning its 31 and cloudy rain,sleet,snow we are going to be getting it all tonight.we could get a couple inch's of snow/sleet.we will reach a high of 33 today.

/ Good morning!!!! #9,764  
Good Morning! Thanks for the pet condolences. Our other other cat, Grey2, must have known we were feeling blue so he brought us a mouse this morning. Good Kitty.

45˚ and sunny getting to 75˚.

Ron I'm glad you mother is accepting the care. Independence is hard to give up, but the care is necessary late in life to increase the quality of life. The staff will know how to care for her and when she will need a Dr. visit or a higher level of care 24 hrs. a day.

/ Good morning!!!! #9,765  
Cloud with showers to start the day, sunny later with high of 13C55f.
Don, sorry to read about your cat Bootie, it is always tough when you lose them.
Ron, I'm sure your mother will settle in at the home.
Just visit her once in a while and keep her happy.

/ Good morning!!!! #9,766  
Good morning all. 48F wc 43F going to 54F cloudy and windy. Tornados in the area haven't looked at the roof yet but the worst of the storms missed me.

Ron good to hear your Mom is accepting her situation.
Don sorry about your cat

/ Good morning!!!! #9,767  
70F and nice

Hope to finish two workbenches today

image-1206904392.jpg

Have a great day

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #9,768  
Sodamo, are you eating more today in anticipation of the fast day tomorrow? I was reading a little about your new diet - wow, you picked a hard one.
I would be hard to live with on that diet, when I get hungry I get grouchy.

/ Good morning!!!! #9,769  
Sodamo, are you eating more today in anticipation of the fast day tomorrow? I was reading a little about your new diet - wow, you picked a hard one.
I would be hard to live with on that diet, when I get hungry I get grouchy.

Hey Don,
Nope, yesterday was a feast day, but I actually ate less than usual - a lifestyle change I NEED. My biggest challenge is snacking at night, chips, nuts, dried fruit, trail mix, popcorn, etc, etc :(. Last night I gave into temptation and had 2 servings of cashews about 8pm. Guess this is one of those acquired bad habits of being comfortable. Never snacked at night as a kid or even young married. Need to revert.

Hopefully you checked out Mosley's approach. As I recall, grouchy was his complaint as well, but found. Splitting his 600 calories into breakfast/dinner solved the issue.
Me, I can be happy with black coffee for breakfast and then afternoon meal. Today is only my 2nd. Fast day, but not feeling the least bit challenged. In the past, I've done the can't eat this or that diets and mentally they sucked for me - wanted what I couldn't have :(
Many, many years ago, lost about 30 lbs on Atkins - loved what I could eat, never hungry, but boy did I miss those carbs!!!!

Thanks for your interest, Helps keep me honest LOL

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #9,770  
Sodamo, I had two friends go on the Atkins diet and lost weight, then after a year gained it all back and more. (They also had to increase their medications.) Were you able to keep off your 30 pounds or are you trying to loose those again?