Page 984 of 2513 FirstFirst ... 4848849349749819829839849859869879941034108414841984 ... LastLast
Results 9,831 to 9,840 of 25130
    Tractor
    New Holland TC40

Default Re: Good morning!!!!

41*F and light rain, which looks like it will hang around most of the day.

Tomorrow is Patriot's Day in much of New England. Not Patriot Tom Brady, Paul Revere, et al.
    "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end ..."
    When there is a huge solar energy spill, it is called a "nice day"!

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

It's supposed to be 82 F here today. If that doesn't bring my okra up, I may replant tomorrow. I planted the okra early right before a cold snap. Traditionally, okra is planted during the last two weeks of April or even May. It takes warm soil to germinate. Sometimes I can fudge by two weeks and get by, but this year my seed have remained dormant for over two weeks. I noticed only two seedlings peeking out of the ground yesterday. If it doesn't look like it's popping up by tomorrow, I'm gonna put fresh seed in the ground. I planted English sweet peas a little over a week ago and I think every single seed I planted has germinated. They are exploding up out of the ground. I'll have to be getting my trellis netting up soon. I bought some netting that's about 30' long and designed for vines to grow on. I'll experiment with that this year to see how it works. I suspect it will work fine, and the hardest part will be cleaning the vines off of it at the end of the season.
    Jim

Tractor
    1986 JD 1050, and 1941 Avery

I had to water the garden yesterday. We just can't get enough rain here, so I fear more drought conditions to come. I only planted my okra seed a week ago. I too am hoping the warm temps will make it happy, and get it to come up. Looks like every squash seed I planted is coming up, but even that took a couple of weeks. I'll be thinning the rows of that soon. Many of the tomato plants have tomatoes on the vine, some as big as a quarter! I just hope the cold front they are calling for later this week, isn't something to set the garden back, yet again. I think the weird weather is making germination take longer, this year.

65* here, at 10:00. Should be a great day for gardening and other outdoor projects!
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she would never grow into an old nag.

If you're going to climb in the saddle, better be ready for the ride!

"If you see someone without a smile, give them yours!" - Dolly Parton

Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST, Case DX35

66F, looking nice

Off to breakfast with wife
    Have a great day

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet
    David
    Please visit: Vacation Hawaii

CK30HST, FEL w/ATI Tach all, Toothbar, Pallet forks, BH, Hydraulic Offset Flail, Brush Hog, Box Blade, PHD, Tiller, Landscape Rake, Boom pole w/extension&winch, Quick hitch, TuffTop Canopy
    Case DX35 w/LX116 "bobtach" Loader,

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740, Gravely 8199G

Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post
    Do you ever plant sugar snap peas or sweet peas? Those are two vegetables that I love and have to be planted early in the season here before the heat wave of summer. I'd bet sugar snap and English peas would be great crops there. I have a nice stand of those, Bush beans, and blackeyed peas. All the fresh frozen peas in the stores seem to be from China. Good luck with your garden.
    thanks Jim. Peas, regular peas, went in today and the sugar snaps in later this week. What a gorgeous day out today. Got the rest of the strawberries planted, the entire garden rototilled, then we looked at all the potatoes and trays of other stuff like lettuce to plant, and we both said "tomorrow."

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Quote Originally Posted by daugen View Post
    thanks Jim. Peas, regular peas, went in today and the sugar snaps in later this week. What a gorgeous day out today. Got the rest of the strawberries planted, the entire garden rototilled, then we looked at all the potatoes and trays of other stuff like lettuce to plant, and we both said "tomorrow."
    I bought a flat of tomatoes in 6-packs (48 sets) a few weeks ago for $18.00. Today, we went to that same greenhouse for bedding flowers and they had all their vegetables on sale in any size pot for $10 a flat. They must have had at least 5000 tomato plants and 1500 pepper plants in flats. Those are just the ones in their sales area. They have many more in their wholesale sales areas. They also even have sets for watermelons, cantaloupe, beets, cucumbers, squash, etc. For somebody with a small garden who wants a headstart. The $10 per flat (mix-n-match) is an offer that's impossible to beat. All the plants are well cared for and healthy. You can't say that about big box store plants.
    Jim

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

2013-04-15, 0420

27 right now, a high of 57 predicted. No rain today...

Oh boy, TAX day!
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740, Gravely 8199G

46 and going up to low sixties, but seventies and even 80 later on this week. Yea. Time to plant, plant, plant.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

04-15-2013 Currently 54 degrees. High of 61 expected. It wasn't suppose to rain, but it is. I had two projects planned for outside today.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor
    Kubota B-7500

27 degrees this morning snow is gone and they are talking high 60’s today and 60’s all the way through thursday then hold onto your hats they are stating mid 70’s on Friday.
    Now that will bring the ticks out in major numbers.

Page 984 of 2513 FirstFirst ... 4848849349749819829839849859869879941034108414841984 ... LastLast