Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,001  
Sure can understand your "not wanting to trade", but I bet the residence in Arlington may even throw in a new stadium too:D
My daughter and I, along with George Strait and Reba, held the first "party" in that stadium. It is big, you couldn't get from some sections to the section where your seat was..............the concessions were a mess and ran out of cups................and well..............you can keep it with that expensive parking price.:eek:
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,002  
61* this morning. Too warm for this time of year. Looking at a 20% chance of rain......we can only hope. We sure need some rain.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,004  
Bet we hit 80* this weekend:confused3: Better break out the sunblock and the sun tea jug! This is crazy, I can already see Jim thinking about "garden time":laughing: Looks like winter with all the dry vegetation, but it feels more like the end of March.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,005  
DRY is sure right. I see the NWS is forecasting 80 Monday with a 10% chance of rain. So for the month of November, I figure I got 0.03" of rain.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,006  
This is crazy, I can already see Jim thinking about "garden time":laughing: Looks like winter with all the dry vegetation, but it feels more like the end of March.

Actually, it's much too dry to garden. The cold snaps have turned my asparagus forest yellow, so it's time to trim off the ferns and add compost over the beds. That's the only gardening I'm doing. However, I'm cutting a lot of firewood just in case we have a couple of days of winter in December and January.:rolleyes:

BuckingStand.jpg

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,007  
My two grown sons and I went deer hunting the entire weekend before and week of Thanksgiving. One dressed in shorts every day (plus lightweight gillie suit when hunting). Idyllic weather in the hill country. Most comfortable/enjoyable/best hunt in years. Between us, we saw a few axis does, nubbin buck. Saw 3 roadrunners, two whitetail does had a fight standing on their hind legs, red fox, game cam caught hogs, fox, coyote at night. We shot 5 whitetail bucks. Each dropped immediately.

Most recent "cold" front brought clouds, lightening, less that .1 inches rain:thumbdown:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,008  
John, that does sound like a great weekend! I got my buck earlier this year and my neighbor took a decent 8 pnt last Sunday evening.

Jim, I have about a cord of wood cut from my shop slab install last summer, I split it as I need it since my back has been "hit and miss". I had a great plan, was going to have the "younger" crowd show off their splitting skills on Thanksgiving, but we all got caught up visiting with the FIL that had came to spend the week at our house from FT. Bragg. Soooo I still have a cord of wood I need to split:laughing:

I cant recall any significant rain/moisture in November:eek: I dont think we have had 1 drop!!. I did change the new style wipers on my daughters truck this morning after work (3am, I better check they snapped in place:D) also filled the reservoir (sp), so now it probably wont rain for another month, it may be time for Jim to try and do some more digging in the pond, seems it rained a few times he was trying to get some work done:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,009  
John

I cant recall any significant rain/moisture in November:eek: I dont think we have had 1 drop!!. I did change the new style wipers on my daughters truck this morning after work (3am, I better check they snapped in place:D) also filled the reservoir (sp), so now it probably wont rain for another month, it may be time for Jim to try and do some more digging in the pond, seems it rained a few times he was trying to get some work done:laughing:

Dennis,
Last November the rains filled up my small pond in one day, breaking the drought here. But it is back now. My new pond lost it's island status today. It is now a peninsular. I'm thinking if it stays dry until Christmas vacation, I'll get another ton of Bentonite and put it in and reslope the banks while removing silt. I might even take out a cedar and make the pond bigger on the uphill side. All in the name of saving water. Well, that is my excuse for more seat time. Will be renting a mini excavator also.
Let the fun begin.:cool2::dance1::drink::D:cool: hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,010  
I was reading ya'll post today,, well just a few minutes ago.. I live south of Houston,, Lake Jackson but I have land in Angleton,, just thought I would let you know I got rain today.. yes real rain.. had one and half inches when I left the land headed back to Lake Jackson,, I noticed more rain on the way.. the only place I could tell it had rain was on the roadway going to the barn.. I swear the hay fields look dry,, no running water in the ditches,, if my rain gauges didn't show it I wouldn't have believed it.. Lou