Page 102 of 615 FirstFirst ... 2529299100101102103104105112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 6149
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

Default Re: Texas Fall/Winter thread!

Brandi, I remember that! Your where in a bind (ian) to get done, remember you had to wait!! Why cant are weather be "normal" I would settle for a median amount of wet/dry.

Lou, your one of the lucky few, we have a couple of chances over the next week, but only 20% right now, so who knows. I'm think'n Santa better put some pneumatic wheels on that slay this year!!!
    Dennis

"Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    Brandi, I remember that! Your where in a bind (ian) to get done, remember you had to wait!! Why cant are weather be "normal" I would settle for a median amount of wet/dry.

Lou, your one of the lucky few, we have a couple of chances over the next week, but only 20% right now, so who knows. I'm think'n Santa better put some pneumatic wheels on that slay this year!!!
    Dennis,
    I would love to have good old fashion June thunderstorms that sweep across the state with blue clouds and Januarys with drizzly, wet cold 40 degree weather. Those wet, cold days make good hog hunting weather here.
    hugs, Brandi

Tractor
    Deere 990/Montana 5740

just to poke you harder in the eye,, after all the rain yesterday,, total showed to be,, drum roll please,, little less than 3 inches,, 2 and 7/8st inches,, it did closed up a few cayons in the pasture,, I feel safe driving the JD gator back there now.. lol..gumbo cracks big time when it's get dry,, I had some 3 to 4" cracks/gaps,, Lou
    "Life is good if beer is cold"

Tractor
    NH TC45

Lou66 ----lived in Angleton from 92 - 2009 ....had 6" snow Christmas 2004 and 10" rain in 2 hrs labor day of 2006. Flooded the house. Retired and moved home to Bastrop county. 77 deg this a.m. while I was putting up Christmas lights. Just finished a rain collection system of 5k gallons .....now need rain!
    Mike

Tractor
    JD 4310,JD5420

I lived in Manvel during the floods of 1979. (But I left town on both weekends)

30" in 24 hour period the 1st weekend. 24" in 24 hours the 2nd weekend.

Brother lived in Lake Jackson, cousin lived in Angleton. Always got frustrated waiting on the trains... Nicknamed it Anglepound cuz it wasn't worth a "ton".

Welcome to the board!
    there are 2 kinds of oats. Oats in front of a horse, and oats behind the horse.

Tractor
    Deere 990/Montana 5740

I lived on Bastrop Bayou cr687 from 78 to 2007,, never got flooded,, I remember the one of 78/79 then about ten years later we had another hundred year flood.. I believe they quit using the term hundred year flood about that time..lol,, our house burned down in Feb. 2007 from a new heating unit,,Now I live in Lake Jackson,, own land in Angleton this side of the tracks..lol..Lou
    Last edited by Lou66; 12-02-2012 at 10:26 AM. Reason: spelling

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Wow! Can anyone believe this weather? What's up with these temperatures in December? I have my Christmas lights up on my house and almost feel silly turning them on. Except for all the sales and emails telling me to spend my money, this seems more like spring weather without the rain. I watered my yard heavily on Saturday because it was so dry. On Sunday, I see there are new green sprouts of bermuda popping up. My St. Augustine has never turned yet. It's still green and my wife was up in the middle of the night and noticed five does in the green yard having a midnight snack. For the last week, we've had the house open during the daytime and a window open at night with the ceiling fan going. If I could go hijack a storm from the northwest US, I'd do it. We sure need rain and I'd take a cool/cold snap along with it happily. To make matters worse, my grandson and I split over a cord of wood on Saturday. We haven't had a single fire in the fireplace this year. At least my ugly pile of trees waiting to be firewood is a lot smaller.

Yesterday, our neighbor called to say that they had lots of minnows. They had expected company to go fish on their dock, but plans changed and fishing didn't get done. My wife and grandson went over and fished for about 2 hours while I was doing tractor work along our shoreline. The grandson caught a mess of crappie. One of them was huge. My neighbor said it's the biggest crappie they've ever seen taken out of our lake. My wife has pictures on her cell phone, so I'll try to get them and post later.
    Jim

Yep, I just got back from taking our little dog for a walk in the woods in the park. I figured it was light enough at 7 a.m. and 65 degrees with a nice strong south breeze was nice. I figured it might be warmer than I preferred later. But the drought is getting serious; 1.7" for the month of Oct. and .03" for Nov. Sure hope it rains soon.
    Bird

Tractor
    Deere 990/Montana 5740

Jim: I was just reading your post about the grass growing,, I raise jiggs hay and my fields are green,, I got right at three inches of rain this week,, the first for Nov.. if this keeps up I will be baling in Jan., I just had a friend bale 20 A. of King ranch blue stem,, little dry only got about two 4x5 bales pre acre,,
    My son and his wife own a bail camp here on the coast,, they always let us know when the flounder run starts,, this is when the flounders leaves the bays because of the cool water, headed back to the gulf warm water.. (late oct. early nov.) may not have a real run this year.. wonder how that will effect the bays.. Lou

Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

I was kinda glad we had warmer temps this weekend. I was pressure washing Cedar posts.
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...ost-fence.html
    hugs, Brandi

Page 102 of 615 FirstFirst ... 2529299100101102103104105112152202602 ... LastLast