Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,031  
For about 20 years, we spent the week of Thanksgiving at Port Aransas. Flounder is my favorite fish, but a number of others were fun to catch and good to eat, too. I miss those days of fishing with my Dad.

Bird,
Port Aransas, Rockport, or Port O’Connor were fishing holes of choice when my boys were growing up.. They were raised on the Bastrop bayou south of Angleton and could take their small boat with a 12 horse,, and 6 gals of gas and go all the way to Galveston west bay and back,, catch all the fish they wanted but for some reason if I said lets go to Rockport for the week end they were ready,, same fish different location I guess,, They travel down there a lot with the grandkids or their grandkids now,, but I don’t go that much anymore,, I think I just getting lazy.. lol.. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,032  
Well,, a dig hole in the ground you get water out of.. but that not what I got to say.. I got another inch of rain today and it is really starting to rain now.. I had three inches couple of days ago and you could barely see it.. but now I have puddles,, I will start to disc the hay fields this week if this keeps up.. I see east Texas is getting some also so good luck to the ones that is getting,, Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,033  
Well,, a dig hole in the ground you get water out of.. but that not what I got to say.. I got another inch of rain today and it is really starting to rain now.. I had three inches couple of days ago and you could barely see it.. but now I have puddles,, I will start to disc the hay fields this week if this keeps up.. I see east Texas is getting some also so good luck to the ones that is getting,, Lou

We got 1.1 inches this afternoon. Real Thunder Bumper and all! My new pond came up a couple of feet and my smaller pond came up about 6 inches.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,034  
l didn't get any rain, but at least I can add to the fishing report. Here are the photos of my grandson and his crappie catch from last Sunday. Pretty good for a kid who couldn't even bait his own hook this time last year.
Crappie.jpgbasket-o-crappie.jpgCrappie-2.jpg

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,035  
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,036  
it been raining here for the last hour or so.. I may have mud puddles in my pasture now.. Good gosh will this rain ever stop..lol.. joking Lord,, just joking.. love you,, you the man..

Brandi don't go skinny dipping tonight wait till the sun comes out tomorrow,, tomorrow you can bet your bottom dollar,, tomorrow.. wait that sounds like a song.. lol.. congratulation on the rain fall..

Jim.. that is some good looking crappie,, also a nice looking grandson.. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,037  
Brandi don't go skinny dipping tonight wait till the sun comes out tomorrow,, tomorrow you can bet your bottom dollar,, tomorrow.. wait that sounds like a song.. lol.. congratulation on the rain fall..
Lou

Lou,
I work nights.........and more importantly..............we have a stray snake or two in there that has eluded my son's 22. I spot them with a bright light and he pops them.
Oh yeah........now that I am wide awake...............I do remember pea sized hail in this afternoon's thunder bumper.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,038  
Had a true Texas 6" rain this morning....I averaged the distance between several drops and that's what my tape measure said...6".:smiley_aafz:
Still mighty dusty, however.

Brandi, glad your tanks are going up...mine are still going down.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,039  
Not a drop anywhere close to me:mad: Whats that saying " I saw to trees and a fire hydrant fighting over a dog today"

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,040  
It was 40 degrees this morning when I got outside and started the Stihl string trimmer and Mantis tiller, just to let them run awhile because I don’t like for gasoline engines to set too long without running. Then I put the battery back in the Toro ZTR and put the bagger on and “mowed” the whole yard. Of course with the drought, it didn’t need “mowing”, but I did want to bag the leaves. Can’t say I enjoyed working in a cloud of dust, but I got it done.

Then I strung out air hoses and blew the debris and leaves out of the garage, the dust and leaves off the porches, the sidewalk, the driveways, the garden tool storage building, and finally the acorns out of the danged rain gutters again. Margaret told me to be careful on the ladder, as if I needed any reminder. I told her as sore as my tailbone still is from falling in the shop, if I fell on it again, I’d probably cry.

I’m beginning to hate live oak trees. We have the catkins clogging the rain gutters in the Spring, and the leaves and acorns in the Fall. And I have never, in my life, seen as many acorns as we have this year. You literally cannot step on the ground under the live oak trees without being on acorns, and I don’t mean one or two, I mean a half dozen or more; almost a solid carpet of acorns; just unbelievable.