Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,071  
Finally feels like winter. The front came thru yesterday but only a little over 1/8 inch. of rain. Temps dropped slowly thru the afternoon. 4am and it's 37* and the wind is 23 mph. Doesn't look like it will get below freezing till tomorrow night, but this wind will make the going tough out there.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,072  
With your weather reports on this thread. I am having second thoughts about heading down your way in a couple of weeks. :confused2:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,073  
27 here this morning with a light dusting of snow. Hey...the weather guy actually got one right!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,074  
With your weather reports on this thread. I am having second thoughts about heading down your way in a couple of weeks. :confused2:

Ron, don't you know that Texas weather changes fast enough you can't even imagine what it will be like 2 weeks from now; temperture may be zero, or on the other hand, it might be 80 degrees.:D

I'm not sure if that "light dusting of snow" that RDrancher mentioned was enough precipitation to call a "Trace" or not, but it can be seen at our house even if it isn't enough to measure.:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,075  
Got .53" last night lots of noise and lightning.

Roy

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,076  
We had wind puffing against our bedroom wall most of the night, but I was warm and cozy under a blanket and comforter. I think my wife had a hard time sleeping, but not me. I heard sleet/snow once and this morning there's 1/2" to 3/4" dusting of snow. It's thickest on my deck and handrails. The wind kept it whipped off most of the road surfaces. It's 24 degrees and has been that for probably 2 hours. Finally some Texas winter weather has come, but I sure wish it had rained more here before this powdering we got. May get more today. . . we'll see.:)

EDIT: Oh yes! We had a big hot fire in the fireplace last night and I threw some logs on this morning to get it going again. At least we'll have a nice 'bun warmer' going for the duration of this chill.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,077  
My wife got all of the Christmas decorations up yesterday and gave the lawn a good short mowing, knowing that she wouldn't get them done if it was cold out. I didn't have the heart to tell her how warm its going to be later this week. :D

Me...? I watched football all day in the bark-o-lounger. I woke up with a lot of pain in my left foot on Friday. Turns out I have a stress fracture on the outside of my foot. I don't remember doing anything to cause it. :confused3: The cold has settled into the foot quite nicely.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,078  
I woke up to 45 this morning on the gulf coast,, 37 for tonight,, felt good walking outside this morning to get the paper,, wind blowing thirty mph,, out of the north,, this will be a good day to spray the south fence line with weed killer,, Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,079  
Have a crew stuck in Houston because of rain last night, hopefully they will be hard at it tonight. (dont think it will be as cold that far South.) Up here in the "North 40", it will be plenty cold, near 21* they say, I will leave it up to my guys if they can "handle" it or not, work = Christmas money so we'll see.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,080  
Lite freeze is predicted south of I-10 to coast tonight with no winds,, so it will be cool but dry.. Now I got to go and cover some plants and move other plants inside the garage,, Guess I should havest my bananas.. lol.. Lou