Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,081  
Have a crew stuck in Houston because of rain last night, hopefully they will be hard at it tonight. (dont think it will be as cold that far South.) Up here in the "North 40", it will be plenty cold, near 21* they say, I will leave it up to my guys if they can "handle" it or not, work = Christmas money so we'll see.

It suppose to be below freezing in Houston tonight for about 4 hours. It is suppose to be 26 here for a low and between 8-10 hours of freezing temperatures. I'm about 45 minutes north of downtown Houston.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,082  
It suppose to be below freezing in Houston tonight for about 4 hours. It is suppose to be 26 here for a low and between 8-10 hours of freezing temperatures. I'm about 45 minutes north of downtown Houston.
hugs, Brandi

Well, they are out of town and likely "homesick":laughing: So they will work if they can. Me, I took off tonight:D right now it's 18*, no wind, but cooler than my old self cares to work in. Funny thing, I will sit on the side of a mountian in Colorado all day in a blizzard to catch a Bull elk :confused3:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,083  
25* this morning, but the wind has laid down. Yesterday's wind made it really tough. The front is through so the wind should be lite today.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,084  
3/4 in of rain yesterday and 27* this a.m........not so bad. Will be warm enuff this afternoon.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,085  
17 degrees this morning, going for a high of 50 (maybe) and not even a slight chance of precipitation before Thursday night.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,086  
It's 14 F here at 6:30 this morning. Brrr!

We are making Christmas fruit baskets this year to give to family and friends in our neighborhood. Except for a few candies and nuts, most of the fruit will be California Navel Oranges. In mid-November, I ordered 40 lb of Navel Oranges from Pearson Ranch in California. 40 lb is about 80 oranges if they aren't huge. It's a normal orange crate/box full. About a week ago, my oranges arrived. Oops! They doubled my order by mistake. They only charged for one order, but sent me 80 lb of oranges.:shocked: After the initial shock wore off, I told Kathy that they had just provided me with Christmas presents.:cool2::thumbsup: BTW: The oranges are deeeee-licious! :licking:

EDIT: One more thing. Since August 8th of this year, I've been on a diet. I started out around 265 and last Saturday my scales said 202 lb. That's something to celebrate. I didn't overeat around Thanksgiving and could be under 200 lb by Christmas. If so, it will be the first time in 10 years I've been under 200. That will be my Christmas present to myself. I feel like a new man: not tired, not hurting, always on the go. :dance1:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,087  
EDIT: One more thing. Since August 8th of this year, I've been on a diet. I started out around 265 and last Saturday my scales said 202 lb. That's something to celebrate. I didn't overeat around Thanksgiving and could be under 200 lb by Christmas. If so, it will be the first time in 10 years I've been under 200. That will be my Christmas present to myself. I feel like a new man: not tired, not hurting, always on the go.

Congratulations . . . and I'm jealous. I guess I just lack will power; staying right around 230 pounds, which of course is 50 pounds more than when I retired.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,088  
Jim and Mike congratulations on your will power and weight loss.
Now the hard part - sustaining it for the long term. That means you no longer calling it a diet - it's just the way you eat - from now on - forever - and even though you might miss some of the types and quantity of foods, you know you are better off and don't feel deprived (well at least not deprived enough to start gaining).
In a year I hope to congratulate you on your new lifestyle.:thumbsup:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,089  
Thanks Don! This type of eating has been my lifestyle in the past, but I just let it slip until I got careless. I now have one restaurant meal per week and eat lots of salads, low-cal soups, and veggies. Beans are one of my staples. The primary things are the DO NOT EATS for me. I don't eat breads, fried foods, or sweets. For something sweet, I eat fruit. Staying busy and away from the kitchen is a big help. I don't miss junk food or fast food at all. I'm to the point now that if I don't have a big salad at a meal, I feel like something is missing. Luckily, there are very few vegetables I don't love. I even tolerate raw cucumbers.:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,090  
It's 14 F here at 6:30 this morning. Brrr!

We are making Christmas fruit baskets this year to give to family and friends in our neighborhood. Except for a few candies and nuts, most of the fruit will be California Navel Oranges. In mid-November, I ordered 40 lb of Navel Oranges from Pearson Ranch in California. 40 lb is about 80 oranges if they aren't huge. It's a normal orange crate/box full. About a week ago, my oranges arrived. Oops! They doubled my order by mistake. They only charged for one order, but sent me 80 lb of oranges.:shocked: After the initial shock wore off, I told Kathy that they had just provided me with Christmas presents.:cool2::thumbsup: BTW: The oranges are deeeee-licious! :licking:
Shame on you Jim for not buying Texas oranges.
hugs, Brandi