Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,101  
Woke up to light drizzle! YEAH Doppler shows more on the way, hopefully we can get at least a 1/2" out of this. Kind of surprised since the % chance of rain was so low this morning, now we are to 60%:thumbsup:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,102  
I got up to find a 70% chance in the forecast. I doubt that we'll get a half inch, but we're close to a quarter inch now.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,103  
Oops, looking at my rain gauge through the window was misleading. The rain appears to be over and I got about .12" instead a quarter inch.:mad:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,104  
Rain? I heard the old folks talk about it once in hushed and reverent tones. Myself, we have humid air but nothing else and radar shows nothing coming. :thumbdown:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,105  
Before the hard freezes in south Tx back in'85 and early '90's, the Texas juice oranges were 2nd to none. Older trees produce the best fruit. These didn't have the prettiest skins, but even my northern friends said they would much prefer Tx oranges back then when available.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,106  
Thin line of blue on radar just passed overhead...heard something on roof....for maybe 3 minutes....just wet enough to mess up my morning coyote hunt...don't want to sit on wet grass ... I'd like for it to get wet enough to measure and do good:smiley_aafz:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,107  
EDIT: One more thing. Since August 8th of this year, I've been on a diet. I started out around 265 and last Saturday my scales said 202 lb. That's something to celebrate. I didn't overeat around Thanksgiving and could be under 200 lb by Christmas. If so, it will be the first time in 10 years I've been under 200. That will be my Christmas present to myself. I feel like a new man: not tired, not hurting, always on the go. :dance1:[/QUOTE]

Congrats on the diet. You're doing great, especially for this time of the year. You're going to need skinny-boy clothes soon.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,108  
At 4am we had a little over a 1/2 in an some light rain........we'll sure take it. But it looks like the fronts moved through and that will be all for now. Have to go to DFW this morning to pick up MIL, hope the rain is done in the Metro-plex for the trip.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,109  
Well, I said I got .12" yesterday afternoon before the sun came out briefly (NWS says Denton got .11"), but then another little line of showers passed by a bit before midnight and the NWS says Denton got another .18", but I found another .26" in my gauge this morning. Of course I'd like to have 10 times that much, but I'm grateful for the .38".

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,110  
.14" of dust settling rain dropped here, for which I am very thankful. It came fast enough to wash the dust off the trees and settle the dust on our road for one day. The chance of rain on Monday has been removed from the forecast, so we'll be back to the 'normal dry winter' routine for next week.