Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,111  
I received about the same as Jim, sounded nice on the roof though! almost like only getting one spoonful of Dutch chocolate BB ice cream and watching the empty container fall in the trash can too.:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,116  
my rain gauge said .25 in ---then it went to drizzle so I fired off the brush pile and got it burned. perfect weather for a bonfire. nice and safe.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,117  
We had a good shower, 1.25", it was a narrow band going from W to ENE and heading to College Station. I dug down with the FEL looking for dry sand for the drive and my beach sand was still moist at 1.5 feet! The wild flowers are loving it.

Mike there were fires all over the horizon, a lot of people thought the same as you. The VFD pager did not go off yesterday so everyone did good.

Mike Z-net was intermittently S L O W yesterday. Was your grandson sucking all the bandwidth with video games?:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,118  
Mike Z-net was intermittently S L O W yesterday. Was your grandson sucking all the bandwidth with video games?
They got so slow for me (remember I'm in a hole) that I had to quit 'em and am now with the new & improved wildblue excede. and paying out the nose for 15G. But I have no problem with speed now. We got Trevor a play station so he doesn't play online games now. That's a good thing.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,119  
Well, the wind last night was pretty severe because it was so gusty and continuous. It seemed like one minute it was calm and the next it was blowing a steady 20 mph and gusting much higher. I went to the NWS this morning and got the weather history (see attachment). If you look down to the 19th at around 6 PM (18:15), it was calm and balmy. Then around 7:15 the wind hit. At 7:55 (19:55) we had our highest gust to 47 mph. I really love that website and all the info you can see. Mike's buddies do good work.:D

There's a very real danger of fire here in N. Texas with all the dry conditions and wind. If a grass fire gets started, it will spread like greased lightnin'.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,120  
Yep, I check the NWS website that Mike told us about every day. And we did have that wind. So far I can't see any damage done in my immediate neighborhood, but the last of the dead leaves are just about all down now.:laughing: