Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,151  
Going to be in the mid 70s today with some wind (20 mph range),, no rain in the forecast,:(, so I guess I will fry a couple of turkeys for Christmas Dinner,, overeat and take a nap.. Take care and Merry Christmas to all,, Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,152  
I sure hope I don't have to drive on ice. NWS shows Denton still at 41 degrees and .66" of rain so far. But here it's 38 degrees and my rain gauge is a bit over three-quarters of an inch so far.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,153  
Bird, the temps are heading south at a pretty rapid rate. Its down to 37 now. Drive safely.

Merry Christmas to Everyone!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,154  
Snowing at a pretty good clip right now,31*. Forecast tonight a windy 16*, so Bird if you're going, better get the "team" hitched up and move out! wont be much of a good window for driving when the bridges start to freeze. Everything elevated has a light snow covering here, but the road appears just wet.......for now

BTW, just over 1/2" of rain in the gauge, feel blessed to have that!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,155  
I'm watching the radar and it sure looks like snow in the DFW area, and it's heading this way. Anybody have pictures?

I'm at an inch of rain so far, but the radar looks like the heavy rain is done and it's getting colder out.

Eddie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,156  
Well, the storm missed us. I heard two booms of thunder and some drops of rain. We got just enough rain to wet the bottom of the rain gage. I just talked to my daughter (who is at my ex mother in law's house near Colnesneil and Woodville......deep East Texas) and she said the storm was intense with lots of rain and wind and now they have no electricity. Generator running and they are trying to warm up the smoked turkey in the brick bar-be-que pit.
Merry Christmas hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,157  
Sorry Eddie, took it with my cell phone, best I could do without getting all dressed up:laughing: Right at about 3" so far.

1225121404.jpg

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,158  
WOW!!!! That's amazing. A lot more then I was expecting. I hate snow, but I always want to see it, then wish it never happened.

Eddie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,159  
Here, we don't have nearly the accumulation as Dennis (and he's in the southern part of the county). We have a couple of inches and it looks like a blizzard because the wind is blowing snow around so much. I think it quit snowing over an hour ago, but you'd never know it by lookin' outside.:rolleyes:

Stay safe, Bird!!!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,160  
Well, we left here just after 10 a.m., drove to Ft. Worth in the rain, then because of the heavy snow, we didn't stay as long as we would have otherwise; got home about 2:15 p.m. And the snow is really coming down. I'm using my binoculars to look out the window at my rain gauge and it appears to have a full inch or more of water in the bottom of the gauge plus some snow on top of that. And with 30 degrees officially in Denton now, and 20 degrees already on my patio and forecast to go to 18 tonight, the snow may stick around awhile.

And we're home safe and warm and plan to stay in until the weather changes.:laughing: