Page 119 of 718 FirstFirst ... 1969109116117118119120121122129169219619 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 7180
    Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

Default Re: Texas Fall/Winter thread!

45 degrees here and sprinkling rain just enough to make it all miserable. I have not checked the rain gage, as I just got out of bed, kinda under the weather.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR hugs, Brandi
    Last edited by bindian; 12-27-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Hope you get to feeling better soon, Brandi. Hate for anyone to start the new year off sick. I spent New Year's Eve, 1999, in the hospital and that evening, they brought us patients a bottle of Perrier water and a long stemmed plastic glass to look like a Champagne glass. I guess it was a nice gesture, but it sure wasn't nearly as good as the drink I've have had at home. And that was the first, last, and only time I've drank any Perrier water.

It's up to 39 degrees here now; might stay above freezing until Friday night.
    Bird

Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by Bird View Post
    Hope you get to feeling better soon, Brandi. Hate for anyone to start the new year off sick. I spent New Year's Eve, 1999, in the hospital and that evening, they brought us patients a bottle of Perrier water and a long stemmed plastic glass to look like a Champagne glass. I guess it was a nice gesture, but it sure wasn't nearly as good as the drink I've have had at home. And that was the first, last, and only time I've drank any Perrier water.

It's up to 39 degrees here now; might stay above freezing until Friday night.
    Thanks Bird. I just got back from the doctor and got a steriod shot. I have a full blown nasal infection and got very dizzy and felt like passing out in the doctor's office. I got composed and made it home to take a Meclizine for dizzyness. First time, with a nasal infection,that I felt like passing out. It usually only messes with my equilibrium, thus the dizzyness pills.

Bad thing is my son and I are suppose to go to Austin tomorrow for Christmas with my daughter. Worst holiday ever was when my kids were little, my ex and I both had the flu at Christmas...........and we were at my MIL's place. A full house of kids, their cousins, and adults....all in-laws. Yuck!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR hugs, Brandi
    Last edited by bindian; 12-27-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

That's awe full Brandi, hope today is a better day.
    Most of my family was sick over Christmas, my wife and I stayed home ( she was on call), the rest went to Oklahoma to my Brothers. They ll got sick.

I know this will sound extreme, but it does work if you can "handle it". Peel and crush a clove of garlic and either put it in a n 8 ounce glass of water and drink it, or wrap it in a piece of plain bread and eat it. Just a peeled clove on your mouth will help a cough too, use like a lozenge.

Nasty day today, windy, high of only 36*. Sure kills some projects I need to get done around here since I was on the road most of the summer.
    Dennis

"Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

NWS is forecasting a high of 39 but so far it's only 36 so that just might be the high.
    Bird

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L5030HSTC

We had a dandy fog last night and this morning...I had a bucket sitting under the drip line of the shop...got about 3 inches of water in it...completely immeasurable real precipitation...wide cracks in ground. Hay out for cows...down to 28 tonight. Spent today using FEL to remove dead tree from fence...drought killed it and simply blew over in wind earlier this week. Also pulled another dead tree over so it wouldn't fall on fence. Easy pull.

We're beyond needing rain bad. It can't get any dryer, just stay dry longer.
    Joy is having the tools you need and needing the tools you have!

Kubota 5030 HSTC, BB, Danueser PHD, LA853 QA HD FEL w JD toothbar, 3pt chisel, 3 pt disk, 6' shredder, Kubota FEL hay spike, 3pt hay fork w carryall, Kubota RTV 1140

Tractor
    JD 4310,JD5420

About to travel up to Grapevine/North Richland hills area to visit relatives. Haven't been up that way since Bird's Birthday party a while back.

Hoping the weather holds out til Monday, but they are forecasting rain and just above freezing temps. Great weather to travel with 3 sick kids.
    The measure of any man's virtue is what he would do, if he had neither the laws, nor public opinion, or even his own prejudices to control him. - William Hazlitt

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_in_Tex View Post
    About to travel up to Grapevine/North Richland hills area to visit relatives. Haven't been up that way since Bird's Birthday party a while back.

Hoping the weather holds out til Monday, but they are forecasting rain and just above freezing temps. Great weather to travel with 3 sick kids.
    Kyle, I think about the only thing that's changed since that birthday party, nearly 3 years ago, is that traffic has gotten worse, and depending on which roads you will be on, you may find a terrible mess due to construciton; especially on S.H. 121 from Grapevine southwest and on Northeast Loop 820. Grandson now lives in North Richland Hills right on Loop 820. And we did something different this year for Christmas. Instead of all the usual work of preparing big meals, having lots of leftovers, and the job of cleaning up, we went to Luby's Cafeteria on Northeast Loop 820 for Christmas dinner. I think we all thoroughly enjoyed it, then went back to the daughter's house in north Ft. Worth for dessert and visiting.

Of course, we drove over there in the rain and back home in the snow. And I'm hoping we do get the rain that's forecast for Monday, but hope that doesn't cause you any trouble driving. Hope your kids get well by then.
    Bird

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

I was in Grapevine last week and was amazed at the change that little place has gone through in the last couple of years. The construction on the DFW Connect highway improvement is a maze, but downtown Grapevine seems to be thriving. We drove from Hurst to Grapevine to eat at a new pizza restaurant. Why we drove past at least a dozen good pizza places to go to a new place in Grapevine is beyond me, but perhaps that is why Grapevine is growing. It's the 'thang' to do, I guess.
    Jim

Yep, downtown Grapevine is a popular place. A couple of months ago, while my wife's sister was here from West Virginia, we went over there and walked up and down the main street. They've got lots of nice benches on the sidewalks where I could sit in the shade while my wife and her sister went inside one shop after another. Of course, I go to Bass Pro in Grapevine once or twice a month, and my wife has to go to the Grapevine Mills Outlet Mall about that often, too.

And I got the last of the outside Christmas lights down and put away this morning.
    Bird

Page 119 of 718 FirstFirst ... 1969109116117118119120121122129169219619 ... LastLast