Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,231  
I think they moved to Kerrville. Whereever:confused3:......................he's a Texan:us-texas: and more importantly................. .............he's an Aggie:salute:. I know my Dad was smiling in Heaven:cloud9: last night after that game! He was class of '44. Yeah..........I'm an Aggies' kid and proud of it!:thumbsup: Gig'em.:anyone:
........as to that stadium's playing surface.....:smiley_aafz: Rebecca and I, along with George Strait and Reba opened that stadium.:cool: I still prefer the stadium at State Fair park.:punch: To me, that will always be the Cotton Bowl!:number1:
hugs, Brandi:us-texas::cowgirl:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,232  
I think they moved to Kerrville. Whereever:confused3:......................he's a Texan:us-texas: and more importantly................. .............he's an Aggie:salute:. I know my Dad was smiling in Heaven:cloud9: last night after that game! He was class of '44. Yeah..........I'm an Aggies' kid and proud of it!:thumbsup: Gig'em.:anyone:
........as to that stadium's playing surface.....:smiley_aafz: Rebecca and I, along with George Strait and Reba opened that stadium.:cool: I still prefer the stadium at State Fair park.:punch: To me, that will always be the Cotton Bowl!:number1:
hugs, Brandi:us-texas::cowgirl:

I'm happy for you and your aggies Brandi.
Jerry wanted to build his stadium close to the fair grounds but our mayor ruined that chance, and ruined the cotton bowl. Its also just a matter of time before jerry and his money lure the Texas ou game over to Arlington.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,233  
Hey N Texans, it appears like we are going to get a good chance at some heavy rain Tue-Wed this week!! Dont know how far south it will stretch, but quite a few uf us may get "a piece" of this one:thumbsup:

From NOAA

Tuesday Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. High near 49. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Tuesday Night Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Low around 43. North northeast wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Wednesday A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon.

Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41. West wind 5 to 10 mph.

80% is a pretty shot at some good rainfall.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,234  
We're forecast for 80% on Tuesday also.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,236  
Increasing chances to 100% on Tuesday night! Some locally heavy.

We'll see....doesn't rain during a drought!!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,237  
For those of you in the Houston area .... the MIC -- Meteorologist In Charge -- of the Houston National Weather Service office has retired. I was at his dinner last night. I retired 4 years ago and when I went back to say hi, I was surprised at how little change there has been in both personnel and equipment. You woulda thought in 4 years that there woulda been some thing improved ....but nope...same old stuff. Want better forecasts? Write your congressman. They aren't even back filling key positions in a timely manner in order to save $$. They need major upgrades in equipment that hasn't been happening either. Equipment upgrades were likely 5 years behind when I left. Considering the economic climate in D.C. right now -- there may not be any relief in sight. The vast majority of people in the office are all top notch though....just wish they had better support.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,238  
Hey N Texans, it appears like we are going to get a good chance at some heavy rain Tue-Wed this week!! Dont know how far south it will stretch, but quite a few uf us may get "a piece" of this one:thumbsup:

Tuesday Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. High near 49. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Tuesday Night Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Low around 43. North northeast wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Wednesday A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon.

Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41. West wind 5 to 10 mph.

80% is a pretty shot at some good rainfall.

From NOAA......NWS......yes, nws is part of noaa but the difference and separation of the two is more than you may think. ...sore subject ... rant off...

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,239  
Interesting background. I use weather forecasts regularly and they guide some of the things I do outside. Wish they were more accurate and would like to see technology updates, but soooooo much better than they once were. I consider accurate forecasts and their timely delivery to be an important government function... part of our infrastructure like roads, dams, electricity, etc.

I'll try to avoid getting into politics, not my intent.

When people say just stop spending and get rid of the fat and pork/waste, this is the unseen almost invisible result of budget freezes and reduction. The one economics course I took emphasized you could use resources to make either guns or butter, that is, for defense or domestic products. If you spend a lot on defense then domestic products suffer.

Am sure we will hear many different versions of this tradeoff in the next several months and we need to remember that cutting domestic products results in lost opportunity to maintain/improve our domestic infrastructure....the effect is not easy to find, but is truly there. So, when writing your congressman, let him know which you want....more defense or more infrastructure in the USA.

For those of you in the Houston area .... the MIC -- Meteorologist In Charge -- of the Houston National Weather Service office has retired. I was at his dinner last night. I retired 4 years ago and when I went back to say hi, I was surprised at how little change there has been in both personnel and equipment. You woulda thought in 4 years that there woulda been some thing improved ....but nope...same old stuff. Want better forecasts? Write your congressman. They aren't even back filling key positions in a timely manner in order to save $$. They need major upgrades in equipment that hasn't been happening either. Equipment upgrades were likely 5 years behind when I left. Considering the economic climate in D.C. right now -- there may not be any relief in sight. The vast majority of people in the office are all top notch though....just wish they had better support.