Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,241  
More defense, more infrastructure, less entitlements (especially to those who don't belong here)....my2cents.

A saying my dad used a bunch when I was growing up was, "There ain't no free lunch" He's probably rolled over in his grave twice or more. Free breakfast, free lunch, and now they want to feed them dinner and a couple times on the weekends too.

GO AGGIES! My feet haven't come back down to the ground. I worked in Austin area for 15 years and was constantly harassed and chided for being an Aggie Fan. It's a good year for Aggies

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,242  
It's looking good for East Texas. 70% for Tue and 100% on Wed. Now that's better odds. A slow rain for 2 days would be perfect.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,243  
My pond is still several feet low from two summers ago. I'm looking forward to a big rain!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,244  
My pond is still several feet low from two summers ago. I'm looking forward to a big rain!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie

May not fill it up but it should help. Like I said I'm hoping for one of those slow East Texas rains for about 2 days.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,245  
I'm just hoping the forecast is accurate. I'm working outdoors this week on Lake Palestine, and if it's gonna rain, I go to plan B. What kills me is when they forecast it, tell us how bad it's gonna be, how heavy the rain will be, and then nothing happens and I adjusted my day because of the rain. I'm obsessed with the weather and what it's going to do because I work construction.

Eddie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,246  
I'm just hoping the forecast is accurate. I'm working outdoors this week on Lake Palestine, and if it's gonna rain, I go to plan B. What kills me is when they forecast it, tell us how bad it's gonna be, how heavy the rain will be, and then nothing happens and I adjusted my day because of the rain. I'm obsessed with the weather and what it's going to do because I work construction.
Eddie

I usually dont have a plan "B", so I watch the weather real close too. When we had a farm and I was in LE, I only cared if my ponds where full and rain soaked the fertilizer into my hay fields. Now that I have been painting parking lots for 10 years, weather can decide if I get paid or not. My plan "B" usually includes working the weekend to make up the day.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,247  
I'd love to have something larger than 1/2" downpour so my new puddles would turn into real ponds. There's nothing uglier than a couple of dry holes that want to be ponds.:rolleyes: I'm reminded of that old movie with Suzanne Pleshette and Tony Curtis, "Suppose They Gave a War and Nobody Came?"

Edit: Oh yes, I want to see pictures of Eddie's lake overflowing over his new spillway too.:thumbsup:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,248  
I've got cracks in the ground that mice fall into...gonna take a lot to fill them up.

Ah, yes, Suzanne Pleshette, an early heart throb!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,249  
On the coast we are still in the moderate drought zone. Supposed to rain tomorrow and following day.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,250  
I got a chuckle from an Austin weather forecaster taking about the weather for the next two days, she said: "Even I think it will rain this time".