Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,261  
I can predict rain within 3 days, with confidence, and am usually right even though the weather wizards with all their fancy instruments say it will be clear for 5 days. All I have to do is cut a field of hay.:confused3:
Ron

I just have to start digging a pond.;)
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,262  
I just have to start digging a pond.;)
hugs, Brandi
:laughing: And you aren't joking!!:D I watched the weather tonight and it appears you guys down further South are going to get much more than us, so I just figured "hmm ,Brandies digg'n again":wonderwoman::laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,263  
:laughing: And you aren't joking!!:D I watched the weather tonight and it appears you guys down further South are going to get much more than us, so I just figured "hmm ,Brandies digg'n again":wonderwoman::laughing:

No, I still have a nasal infection. No pond digging, just thinking about it.

I did move 8 round bales for a neighbor last Friday. But it was sleeting and drizzling already then.

Strangest thing, this neighbor has 100 acres and wants to work up to 150 head of Black Angus fed mostly hay and he says he can work full time at it and make a profit. He has no tractor.........and was thinking of buying one............until he heard I was right around the corner. Some of his projects are a little too big for me, like the acre pond with clay 15 feet down.

But I have a new customer that will probably just buy a JD lawn tractor with a mid mount roll over mower. So if I want it, I can probably get all his digging needs as side business work.

Oh yeah, my grapple would not pierce the round bales enough to hold them and move them, so I tucked the bales up under the backhoe and kinda drug/carried them. I had a 14 foot chain with me to chain them to the grapple, but this neighbor said that was too labor intensive. Guess he hasn't seen me work!

I'm trying to order, right now, parts to weld up a skid steer hay spear from Hay Farm Equipment | Skidsteer Attachments | Hay Spear Attachments. I already have a skid steer adapter plate from a RB Auction.

Bring on the rain!
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,264  
Cat woke me up. Wet. I predict it is wet outside.
Flash flood watch until Wed at noon. Predicting up to 7 inches in some places.
Details here.
We'll see...tanks way down, cracks in ground will soak up as much as 4 inches with little run off unless exceedingly fast.
Hope y'all keep your head above water!:umbrella-guy:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,265  
Well the cat did not wake me up! Lightning and thunder. Rain has started on the coast. I'm about 1.5 miles from the gulf as the crow flies. Radar shows it is moving SW to NE right up US 59. Looks like heavy rain around Houston and Conroe. Brandi's ponds should be filling up. LOL

Today will be a good day to stay indoors.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,266  
Been raining off and on this morning. TV weather reports call for slight chance of severe thunder storms this evening. :confused: What the heck does that mean. Not much I guess. My weather radio has no such warning for the McAllen area.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,269  
Been raining off and on this morning. TV weather reports call for slight chance of severe thunder storms this evening. :confused: What the heck does that mean. Not much I guess. My weather radio has no such warning for the McAllen area.

From the NWS website:
Severe thunderstorms are defined in the United States as having either tornadoes, gusts at least 58 mph, or hail at least 3/4 inch in diameter

I sure don't want any severe thunderstorms, but would like about 6" of rain.:laughing: None so far, but the NWS says an 80% chance today; 100% tonight and tomorrow.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,270  
The TV is saying we are suppose to get 6" of rain. So far we just had a light sprinkle. (8:00 am)
Mike do you remember weatherman Sid Lasher and his large large drawing pad?