Page 128 of 593 FirstFirst ... 2878118125126127128129130131138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 5922
    Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

Default Re: Texas Fall/Winter thread!

Quote Originally Posted by weldingisfun View Post
    Not a drop here, so far. The weather map WunderMap® | Interactive Weather Map and Radar | Weather Underground shows is going around our place, as usual. Got our fingers crossed for at least two inches. Both stock tanks nearly dry.
    Lee,
    Glad to see your still here. How is the goat business?
    hugs, Brandi

Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by txdon View Post
    The TV is saying we are suppose to get 6" of rain. So far we just had a light sprinkle. (8:00 am)
    Mike do you remember weatherman Sid Lasher and his large large drawing pad?
    Hey, I remember Sid Lasher. He was a hoot!
    hugs, Brandi

Tractor
    NH TC45

Quote Originally Posted by txdon View Post
    The TV is saying we are suppose to get 6" of rain. So far we just had a light sprinkle. (8:00 am)
    Mike do you remember weatherman Sid Lasher and his large large drawing pad?
    ...I don't....For 18 years I didn't bother watching TV weathermen very much. I got my forecasts at work.
    Mike

Tractor
    Kubota 2910 HST

NWS finally updated their site. ...SLIGHT RISK FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS TUESDAY NIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY
    MORNING... I hope not. Last spring we got this kind of report. Hail and 70mph winds. Shut north McAllen down for days.

Tractor
    Deere 990/Montana 5740

Its been raining off and on all night.. got two and quarter inches so far,, looks like the big rain, on the radar, is still coming this way.. Lou
    "Life is good if beer is cold"

Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

Woke up to a light sprinkle, this is supposed to be the precursor of things to come. Pete Delcus (Channel 8 ) said on the weather last night that Severe storms with possibly isolated tornadoes would be possible South and South East of the DFW metro-mess, but in turn, said you Southern folks should get some much needed drought relief.

Brandi, your new neighbor with the "cow operation" must have some gooood grass to consider stocking that many head, feeding hay ta boot and making a good profit!

back when I had 376 acres, I got up to around 140 head and it was a juggling act to say the least. My BIG mistake was going in with a neighbor when NAFTA came around and we bought 100 yearlings (mixed breed stocker calves) from Mexico at dirt cheap and added them to the "fold", live and learn I guess, but 150 head on 100 acres seems like playing with nitro with his finances but hey, if he gives you allot of work
    Dennis

"Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    Brandi, your new neighbor with the "cow operation" must have some gooood grass to consider stocking that many head, feeding hay ta boot and making a good profit!
    Yep! I think he ain't feedin' all that grass to his cattle. To believe that, he's bound to be smokin' some of it.
    Jim

Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post
    Yep! I think he ain't feedin' all that grass to his cattle. To believe that, he's bound to be smokin' some of it.

RIGHT!! Then that is what he should try to "profit" off of, at least until he gets caught
    Dennis

"Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Tractor
    Kubota 5030HSTC

Boy, I could not agree more. I don't care if he's running stockers or a cow-calf operation, he's running a feed lot. With hay? And a profit sufficient to live on? His pencil isn't sharp or dull, it's broken! Better get your share of his money before it runs out...seems like he's going to hire everything done...hay transport, pond work...Sooooo much wrong with this picture. and you've got to watch it unfold. Get ready, you may be able to pick up his 100 acres in a couple of years. The cash flow required for fertilizer, pens, sheds, fencing, feed, equipment, vet bills, machinery, minerals, price fluctuations, fuel, interest, personal living expenses, etc. is totally not understood unless you've lived it. Yes, there are scenarios where it can work, but the assumptions and skill required are all in the realm of extreme improbability, particularly for a sustained multi-year operation.

I've got just over 200 acres and am down to 12 mother cows, 1 bull due to the drought. I may not be the best cowman in the world, but I still have some grass which will recover in about 4 years if it ever rains reasonably well.

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    Joy is having the tools you need and needing the tools you have!

Kubota 5030 HSTC, BB, Danueser PHD, LA853 QA HD FEL w JD toothbar, 3pt chisel, 3 pt disk, 6' shredder, Kubota FEL hay spike, 3pt hay fork w carryall, Kubota RTV 1140

Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

I know. My old high school ag and FFA skills are rusty, but I do remember something like so many acres per cow, or was it so many cows per acreage, depending on pasture management. I just can't see his math and logic. Oh yeah...............he has a 10 year lease on the place.
    hugs,. Brandi

Page 128 of 593 FirstFirst ... 2878118125126127128129130131138178228 ... LastLast