Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #122  
The storms later in the day went south of us and didn't drop any rain here. 2" was all we got, but it came in big downpours. I looked out from the 3rd floor balcony of my house and saw water gushing over my tiny ridge of a dam in my new ponds. I'll have to remove some washed in sand on top of the clay before building up the dam more, but that's okay. If the dam had been higher, I'd have flooded an area where I need to remove more dirt. After T-day, I'll get back in there. Tomorrow I'm spending the whole day smokin' stuff in prep for Thursday when we have 17 people to feed.:thumbsup:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #123  
Tomorrow I'm spending the whole day smokin' stuff in prep for Thursday when we have 17 people to feed.:thumbsup:

smokin' ... grow your own?

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #124  
Inch and a half last night. It came down hard and heavy!!!!!!

My small pond, that was dry, now has water in it. I'm real curious to see what Lake Marabou looks like.

Eddie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
The 2 day total ... 4.9" here in Atoka County. I poured out an inch and 3/10ths yesterday morning and 3 and 6/10ths this morning.

We got caught out in that storm last night ... both Riley and I came in soaking wet and cold. The lighting was really weird almost low lying and seemed to want to chase us. We where darn glad to get to the house. Never lost power.

4.9"!! wowif I drank, that would call for one right there:thumbsup: that much rain here and there would be a block party!!

Jim, words out on ya now brother, we may have to come over and do an "intervention"!

Well, ended up with 1.01" as Bird, not the 2" Jim got, but grateful for it.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #126  

Shhh! Everybody wonders why I'm smilin' while sitting beside my smoker.:cloud9: They don't know what kind of "wood" I'm using to smoke the meat. Everybody sits around the table on Thanksgiving saying, "Cool dude. . . how about passing the potatoes and some more smoked tokey.":laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #127  
don - it woke me up about 5 this a.m......wife was up at her usual 4:30 and I rolled over as usual but not for long. lightning, thunder and rain on the tin roof brought me out to the coffee. Got 1" total in my gauge. Wishin' I was catching some of this. Just not in the budget yet........Don - you still using wild blue and still ok with it? I've been trying to use Zoch and it was ok for awhile but has started going south. He's using all old used equipment and it's just not holding up.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #128  
We got around 2", ponds are full. Forecast is for more rain on Friday. Keep it coming.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #129  
Don - you still using wild blue and still ok with it? I've been trying to use Zoch and it was ok for awhile but has started going south. He's using all old used equipment and it's just not holding up.

No, Wildblue went slow on me, about 2 years ago. I'm using Verizon MIFI, it was a little better than AT&T mifi. I was hoping to go to zochnet when my contract expires, may have to reconsider and ask some of the people around here if they are also having problems. Verizon has download limits and I pay dearly for apple updates.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #130  
No, Wildblue went slow on me, about 2 years ago. I'm using Verizon MIFI, it was a little better than AT&T mifi. I was hoping to go to zochnet when my contract expires, may have to reconsider and ask some of the people around here if they are also having problems. Verizon has download limits and I pay dearly for apple updates.

Find out if you have Rhino Communications in your area ... wireless and we run an average of 3 mgps withours.