Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,301  
Yesterday and so far this morning we have 1 1/2 inch and it's still raining steady. Looks like it will be here with us a while in East Texas.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,302  
I have got a little less than 4 inches in the last two days.:thumbsup:. now it is starting to rain big time.:D. Brazoria, Galveston and Harris county and it headed North toward Dallas.:shocked:. if you live within 50 miles of I-45 east or west you should get your share today.:cool2:. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,303  
1/2" so far and the storm seems to be evaporating as soon as it enters the southern part of the county. Note to self. . . New ponds repel storms and push them away.:( Maybe we'll get a bit more this morning before the storm goes bye-bye.:confused3:

Jim , SAY IT AINT SO!:confused3: Brother I'm just at 2-3/4"!!!(rounded off to the low side) I looked at the gauge with the binos, then said heck with it and ran out on the porch in my undies, sure enough gauge over half full!! Still raining here, been steady all night.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,304  
Jan9.jpg

If it is not raining where you live in Texas I'm not sure what to say.
Cheers!

#1,305  
This is a Tupperware my wife put out on the porch table, she is convinced my rain gauge is wrong because the opening is so small. This "bowl" is 4" at the top, the water in it from this storm is right at =/- 3" I dont know, but I always said she had better figure(s) than me:D

0109131036.jpg

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,307  
Got 2.25 in my gauge so far and more coming....YEA!....too wet to do anything outside so baked bread instead. ....just came out of the oven and the smell is killing me!

#1,308  
That should earn you a lot of brownie points! :)

Thats funny right there! as a matter of fact, she made Brownies last night for me to munch on today, since I was throwing a tantrum since I could'nt weld on my shop today in the rain:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,309  
clear-professional-rain-R25103.jpgThis is the type of Rain Gauge the NWS provides to volunteer weather observers. The top is 4 1/8" in dia into a 1"?? (not sure...don't remember) tube. It measures increments of .01. This is from Gemplers for about $40 but might be able to find them elsewhere.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,310  
View attachment 297115This is the type of Rain Gauge the NWS provides to volunteer weather observers. The top is 4 1/8" in dia into a 1"?? (not sure...don't remember) tube. It measures increments of .01. This is from Gemplers for about $40 but might be able to find them elsewhere. It will hold 11" total.