Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,311  
I don't know how much rain I've got so far.:confused:. my gauge only goes up to 6 inch and it is full.:dance1:. it raining so hard now I can barely see across the street.:confused3:. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,312  
I may write this off as a rainy day and have a cold one.. I am not going anywhere and that's for sure.. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,313  
Thanks Mike! I found several sites that had this gauge for $27, but the shipping took it to over $40. Found them Amazon for $34.99 with free shipping and ordered one:thumbsup: On a side note, I may go take the SkyWarn class, I took the 40 FEMA emergency management course years ago when entering L=law enforcement. May be something to do to help out in my area. HAM radio may be an idea too, but probably not very cost effective for me, I know nothing about HRadio.

Amazon.com: Stratus RG202 Long Term Professional Rain and Snow Gauge: Patio, Lawn & Garden

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,314  
Thats funny right there! as a matter of fact, she made Brownies last night for me to munch on today, since I was throwing a tantrum since I could'nt weld on my shop today in the rain:laughing:

LOL LOL

#1,315  
I may write this off as a rainy day and have a cold one.. I am not going anywhere and that's for sure.. Lou

Lou, I wrote today off this past Monday!:laughing: On "pins and needles" since I want to start welding the supports up on my little shop, now that I have some "free" time.

6" of rain? WOW, thats great, should help the deficit there, I am right at 3" right now:thumbsup:

As far as the "cold one" , I'm hitting the coffee pretty hard today:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,316  
I may not have a really accurate rain gauge, but then I didn't spend much money either. I have this Accurite Easy Read Rain Gauge from Walmart, and since our rain has stopped, at least temporarily, I just now went out and dumped about 2.85" of rain out of it. I figure about 2" were last night before midnight, plus or minus a bit, so about .85" today.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,317  
I don't know how much rain I've got so far.:confused:. my gauge only goes up to 6 inch and it is full.:dance1:. it raining so hard now I can barely see across the street.:confused3:. Lou

Is it actually raining across the street? Hmm ... odd for Texas weather. Most of the time it will rain on one side of the street and not the other. Like they say around here .. wait 10 minutes and the weather will change.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,318  
I had a quarter inch yesterday of slow, light rain, and I'm at one inch for today at 2pm. It's been light rain all day with the radar showing heavy rain working it's way up here. Just have to wait and see what happens.

Eddie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,319  
Raining steady here with a med-heavy beat. My rain gauge is way out on the pond's pier post. Tried Dennis's trick with my pair of binos, but it is too dark to judge. Their is an oak stump (yes, I still have a storm stump) out behind the guage near the second pond and that puts a shadow on it from my view off of the deck.

Finally, I saw my regular Doctor (real MD and has been on vacation) and I got the right meds. The person I saw two weeks ago is a DA or DO that I do not like. Totally different prescriptions for the same nasal infection. So I am getting better and have a severe case of cabin fever now.
hugs, Brandi

#1,320  
Brandi, That is great news! meds can make or break a good day at work! I too, have cabin fever now since I have a project, but I will take the rain and do like a man and sit here and pout:laughing: Hey, at least I admit it:D

Eddie, You should end up with a good total, from what the weather guys where saying anyway.

Still a decent drizzle here and I am over 3" total!!!