Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,332  
A nice East Texas Rain.........total of 3 inches. Stock tanks are approaching full. Looks like we have another good chance starting Saturday.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,333  
Finally after 12 hours the internet is back up. When I called them they said the unit got wet and they were waiting for it to quit raining so they could climb the tower and reset it. Total rain for 2 days = 4".

Mike are your cisterns full?

My rain gauge showed 2.75" total.
Don -- I switched over to the tanks a day and a half before the rain started to make room for the new rain and to give it a good test. We're still on the cisterns and it's working great and yes they are full. I'm catching 1K gal per inch. (the math says 1300 gal) With more rain predicted I think we'll just stay on the tanks and let the well rest for a couple weeks. I must be doing a good job filtering both 'cause the difference in taste is so subtle I think I could switch back and forth and Bernice wouldn't know it.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,334  
Still a decent drizzle here and I am over 3" total!!!

Yep, Dennis, you got over three inches and Decatur got 4.06" according to the weather last night. After 10 PM, we still had some little pockets move across, so Decatur probably picked up another 1/4". I just went outside on the deck to see my gage close-up. It's at 1.2" for the whole darn storm over two days. I looked out at my ponds, and I'd swear I heard laughing coming from that hole in the ground. Maybe the devil is down there laughing at me. . . or a flock of crows.:rolleyes:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,335  
It appears that the rain is over for us, and for the whole "storm" I figure I got about 3.4". I think the NWS shows Denton got about 3.59". Our house has 2' eaves all the way around, and it appears that the ground is still dry right around the house.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,337  
Looks like I'm the odd man out. 1.5 inches total for both days at my place. Never got anything heavy, just light rain and a little thunder. Woke up to 60 degrees and tomorrow it is supposed to hit 70!!!

Eddie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,338  
Looks like I'm the odd man out. 1.5 inches total for both days at my place. Never got anything heavy, just light rain and a little thunder. Woke up to 60 degrees and tomorrow it is supposed to hit 70!!!

Eddie

You're not "odd man out." You're just like me with ponds that need filling.;) Even so, you got 3/10" more than me.:thumbsup: