Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,362  
I'm not sure which one of you guy's North of me left the door open, but Gee wizzz, close the pneumonia hole already.:laughing:

Good chill in the air, add the breeze and it's down right cool. Had a decent amount of sleet last night around 1am, wasn't expecting that!!

I agree Western it was nice yesterday,walked out of door this morning and said dang,its back!!!!
I have a great wife that goes out and starts my truck for me every morning,when its cold while I get ready for work..

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,363  
Half an inch of rain today.:cool: 42 degrees here now. No wind outside today, until I left the trees and went to Kroger's.:steeringwheel: I got out of the truck and the wind:windy: almost blew me away.:eek:
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,364  
If the wind had been just a little stronger yesterday the cold front would have been an "Official Blue Norther." I spent most of the day trying to stay out of the wind.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,365  
Yesterday, my grandson and I went to Walmart to return a Redbox movie and do a bit of shopping for 'essentials' like beef jerky.;) We also stopped by TSC and bought 150 lb of whole corn and 40 lb of sunflower seeds for the birds. The corn and sunflower seeds came to $65 and the jerky at Walmart about $25. When you spend twice as much for animal snacks as human snacks, you probably need your head examined. But, that's what we did.:eek:

It was sunny, just over 40 F, and very little wind as we went in/out of the stores. I thought it seemed very comfortable.:thumbsup:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,366  
34 outside now, 14mph wind, 14% chance for rain (how's that for precision!). About 30 tonight, tomorrow wind chill of 20, snow sleet tomorrow night...remainder of week in 30's at night.
Put out 2 bales of hay for cows.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,367  
Sleet this morning and a coyote in my front yard. I think he's getting hungry and wanting to steal some of Oscar's food. Temps are in the low 30's, but it's not as bad as yesterday with that wind. The wind is the worse, it just wears me out!!!!

Eddie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,368  
Yep, currently 34 here; 27 when I got up this morning. And we didn't have an measurable precipitation, but did have some sleet. I probably wouldn't have even noticed it on the grass, if I hadn't first seen it on my little trailer.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,369  
Yep, currently 34 here; 27 when I got up this morning. And we didn't have an measurable precipitation, but did have some sleet. I probably wouldn't have even noticed it on the grass, if I hadn't first seen it on my little trailer.

You guys must be messing with my weather again! It was 66 here Saturday and 29 this morning. Our pond is almost full again, first time since last May. It was so low last fall we were afraid all the fish would die, but they didn't. Strange thing is after the big snow melt and some rain last week, one of two "Grass Carp" that we put in there 16 years ago was floating upside down, dead this morning near the bank. Must be at least 30 pds and over 4 feet long. Starting to stink so didn't come back to get a ruler, just dragged him up on the bank. He will probably be eaten up by tomorrow morning.
Ron

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,370  
32* outside and woke up to light snow/sleet, probably got 1/4", they "said" it would be ESE:confused3: Got a little welding done yesterday and was kind of hoping to keep the trend going.....38* for the high, but warm days coming by Friday!!!