Page 138 of 606 FirstFirst ... 3888128135136137138139140141148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 6051
  1. #1371
    Epic Contributor Bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Posts
    37,535
    Location
    Texas

    Default Re: Texas Fall/Winter thread!

    NWS says it's warmed up to 30 degrees now. It was 25 and snowing when I got up this morning. I don't know how much moisture it will be when it thaws, but my rain gauge has and inch and a half of snow in it.
    Bird

  2. #1372
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,370
    Location
    Wise county Texas
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

    Default Re: Texas Fall/Winter thread!

    Darn Bird, the weatherman was WAY off this time! and you where farther from where they said it would be. I figured we'd hear from Eddie or Foreman since thats where they showed most of the activity, maybe even Don.
    Dennis


    "Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

  3. #1373
    Elite Member foreman Etexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,742
    Location
    texas
    Tractor
    kubota M7040 &m7040

    Default Re: Texas Fall/Winter thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    Darn Bird, the weatherman was WAY off this time! and you where farther from where they said it would be. I figured we'd hear from Eddie or Foreman since thats where they showed most of the activity, maybe even Don.
    Just alittle ice on windows this morning hasn't really been that bad,my rain gauge busted but we have had probaly 5in.rain since last week.-butler-20130115-00132-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -teague-20130113-00128-jpg  

  4. #1374
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,370
    Location
    Wise county Texas
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

    Default Re: Texas Fall/Winter thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by foreman Etexas View Post
    Just alittle ice on windows this morning hasn't really been that bad,my rain gauge busted but we have had probaly 5in.rain since last week.-butler-20130115-00132-jpg
    5" is a good amount, should help with your haying if the moisture hangs around. I think the whole DFW area was surprised at the snow this morning.
    Dennis


    "Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

  5. #1375
    Elite Member foreman Etexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,742
    Location
    texas
    Tractor
    kubota M7040 &m7040

    Default Re: Texas Fall/Winter thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    5" is a good amount, should help with your haying if the moisture hangs around. I think the whole DFW area was surprised at the snow this morning.
    Yeah I hope hay season goes better,I haven't had a normal season in 3yrs. The pastures not producing like they use to,grass just not there,had to down size the herd just mostly the old cows and keep some replacements that will be ready this year, going to have to come off some money to improve things and pray for rain...

  6. #1376
    Elite Member Kyle_in_Tex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    4,452
    Location
    Giddings, Texas
    Tractor
    JD 4310,JD5420

    Default Re: Texas Fall/Winter thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by foreman Etexas View Post
    Yeah I hope hay season goes better,I haven't had a normal season in 3yrs. The pastures not producing like they use to,grass just not there,had to down size the herd just mostly the old cows and keep some replacements that will be ready this year, going to have to come off some money to improve things and pray for rain...

    Things aren't any better around here. Can't seem to get any timely rains to grow hay and I don't have the crazy money they want for fertilizer these days anyway. Don't know what to do. My garden has been dormant for 2 years. I tried watering it for the first 2 years of this 4 year drought but city water barely keeps it alive compared to mother nature's rain.

    Our family has been sick, luckily no flu, but bronchitus and upper respiratory crud. I had to get on anti biotics (Zpack) and it really helped. It seems to have knocked back the crud and my cough has gone down to a minimum but it seems to be creeping back. Hope I don't need another round of antibiotics. Doc said she usually only gives steroid shots if she hears wheezing in the lungs. I do everything to cough out the phlegm so at least something is good about the coughing.

    I know some snowbird must have left the door open up north before heading down...I just hope they have a neighbor who can shut the darn thing and soon!
    there are 2 kinds of oats. Oats in front of a horse, and oats behind the horse.

  7. #1377
    Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    jinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    21,014
    Location
    Texas - Wise County - Sunset
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

    Default Re: Texas Fall/Winter thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_in_Tex View Post
    I know some snowbird must have left the door open up north before heading down...I just hope they have a neighbor who can shut the darn thing and soon!
    I hope you get better soon, Kyle. We got our flu shots early and have escaped that so far. We all passed a head cold around, but that has been our only problem so far this season.

    You are right that somebody left the door open. It was 16 F here this morning and has now creeped up to 17 F. I did get a laugh yesterday while the DFW Metroplex and east was in a snowy slippery mess. Our continued lack of precipitation paid off. We only had a few little sleet balls on the deck and steps. The storm went south and east of us. Of course, I think our worst storms are in February. There's plenty of winter left for us to get our butts kicked.
    Jim


  8. #1378
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,370
    Location
    Wise county Texas
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

    Default Re: Texas Fall/Winter thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post
    It was 16 F here this morning and has now creeped up to 17 F.
    Jim, it was cold last night, stepped out around 1am to get an armload of wood and you could feel the cold more than usual. Shoot, it was so cold I'm sure I heard squirrels putting quarters in the dryer vent hoping it would come on! BUT today we have a "warm front" going to a high of 51*!! Pefet temps for outside work if the wind isn't howling.
    Dennis


    "Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

  9. #1379
    Super Member ronjhall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    7,369
    Location
    SE Michigan, TX when its cold in MI.
    Tractor
    Kubota 2910 HST

    Default Re: Texas Fall/Winter thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_in_Tex View Post

    I know some snowbird must have left the door open up north before heading down...I just hope they have a neighbor who can shut the darn thing and soon!
    I don't think you can blame this weather on someone leaving the door open. We had 80 degrees here last weekend. Then back to rain and cold last few days. Going to be sunny and 69 today.


  10. #1380
    Elite Member bindian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,850
    Location
    Willis, Texas
    Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

    Default Re: Texas Fall/Winter thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
    I don't think you can blame this weather on someone leaving the door open. We had 80 degrees here last weekend. Then back to rain and cold last few days. Going to be sunny and 69 today.
    It is not a door that was left open. Only thing stopping it is a barbed wire fence in the Panhandle and 2 wires are busted.
    hugs, Brandi

Page 138 of 606 FirstFirst ... 3888128135136137138139140141148188238 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. So, You think you own your land...
    By JazzDad in forum Rural Living
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 10:20 PM
  2. Can someone help me find a thread?
    By JayC in forum News/Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 08:30 PM
  3. Metric wonderment experience
    By Edstir in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-03-2007, 05:50 PM
  4. Texan's view of the world
    By hazmat in forum Related Topics
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 01-20-2006, 12:50 PM
  5. Are hydraulic fittings pipe thread pitch or other?
    By adlertom in forum Hydraulics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-16-2004, 10:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.