Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,371  
NWS says it's warmed up to 30 degrees now. It was 25 and snowing when I got up this morning. I don't know how much moisture it will be when it thaws, but my rain gauge has and inch and a half of snow in it.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,372  
Darn Bird, the weatherman was WAY off this time! and you where farther from where they said it would be. I figured we'd hear from Eddie or Foreman since thats where they showed most of the activity, maybe even Don.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,373  
Darn Bird, the weatherman was WAY off this time! and you where farther from where they said it would be. I figured we'd hear from Eddie or Foreman since thats where they showed most of the activity, maybe even Don.

Just alittle ice on windows this morning hasn't really been that bad,my rain gauge busted but we have had probaly 5in.rain since last week. Butler-20130115-00132.jpg

Attachments

• Teague-20130113-00128.jpg
    Teague-20130113-00128.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 94
#1,374  
Just alittle ice on windows this morning hasn't really been that bad,my rain gauge busted but we have had probaly 5in.rain since last week.View attachment 297885

5" is a good amount, should help with your haying if the moisture hangs around. I think the whole DFW area was surprised at the snow this morning.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,375  
5" is a good amount, should help with your haying if the moisture hangs around. I think the whole DFW area was surprised at the snow this morning.

Yeah I hope hay season goes better,I haven't had a normal season in 3yrs. The pastures not producing like they use to,grass just not there,had to down size the herd just mostly the old cows and keep some replacements that will be ready this year, going to have to come off some money to improve things and pray for rain...

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,376  
Yeah I hope hay season goes better,I haven't had a normal season in 3yrs. The pastures not producing like they use to,grass just not there,had to down size the herd just mostly the old cows and keep some replacements that will be ready this year, going to have to come off some money to improve things and pray for rain...

Things aren't any better around here. Can't seem to get any timely rains to grow hay and I don't have the crazy money they want for fertilizer these days anyway. Don't know what to do. My garden has been dormant for 2 years. I tried watering it for the first 2 years of this 4 year drought but city water barely keeps it alive compared to mother nature's rain.

Our family has been sick, luckily no flu, but bronchitus and upper respiratory crud. I had to get on anti biotics (Zpack) and it really helped. It seems to have knocked back the crud and my cough has gone down to a minimum but it seems to be creeping back. Hope I don't need another round of antibiotics. Doc said she usually only gives steroid shots if she hears wheezing in the lungs. I do everything to cough out the phlegm so at least something is good about the coughing.

I know some snowbird must have left the door open up north before heading down...I just hope they have a neighbor who can shut the darn thing and soon!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,377  
I know some snowbird must have left the door open up north before heading down...I just hope they have a neighbor who can shut the darn thing and soon!

I hope you get better soon, Kyle. We got our flu shots early and have escaped that so far. We all passed a head cold around, but that has been our only problem so far this season.

You are right that somebody left the door open. It was 16 F here this morning and has now creeped up to 17 F. I did get a laugh yesterday while the DFW Metroplex and east was in a snowy slippery mess. Our continued lack of precipitation paid off. We only had a few little sleet balls on the deck and steps. The storm went south and east of us.:thumbsup: Of course, I think our worst storms are in February. There's plenty of winter left for us to get our butts kicked.

#1,378  
It was 16 F here this morning and has now creeped up to 17 F.

Jim, it was cold last night, stepped out around 1am to get an armload of wood and you could feel the cold more than usual. Shoot, it was so cold I'm sure I heard squirrels putting quarters in the dryer vent hoping it would come on!:D BUT today we have a "warm front" going to a high of 51*!! Pefet temps for outside work if the wind isn't howling.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,379  
I don't think you can blame this weather on someone leaving the door open. We had 80 degrees here last weekend. Then back to rain and cold last few days. Going to be sunny and 69 today. :D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,380  
I don't think you can blame this weather on someone leaving the door open. We had 80 degrees here last weekend. Then back to rain and cold last few days. Going to be sunny and 69 today. :D
It is not a door that was left open. Only thing stopping it is a barbed wire fence in the Panhandle and 2 wires are busted.
hugs, Brandi