Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,391  
Brandi, how about a trip from Dalhart to El Paso, Harlegen, Beaumont, to Wichita Falls and back to Dalhart?? Be a great week, and maybe fix that barb wire fence in the north and the border fence in the south along the way:cool2:
TJohn,
That broken barbed wire fence is further north:eek: than Dalhart. Up on the Texas/OK border on the farm:tractor: where my Dad:) was born.:cloud9: One mile East to OK and about 40 miles north to OK.:windy::lightningbolt::tornado::tornado::snowflake: Up there where an 800 yard shot at a coyote is normal.:D
hugs, Brandi:us-texas::cowgirl:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,392  
Now I understand why weather is so different from one end of TX to the other. :D

Trivia - One of the northern most cities in the US is Minot, ND. Southern most is Brownsville, TX. Halfway is in the Panhandle of Texas. About 800 miles. Mile marker 1 of I10 is West of El Paso, mile marker 878 is in Orange, TX.

The sun has riz and the sun has set and I ain't out of Texas yet.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,393  
Trivia - One of the northern most cities in the US is Minot, ND. Southern most is Brownsville, TX.

Brownsville is about the same latitude as Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Miami and Key West are way below Brownsville. When you consider that the northern most point in the Texas Panhandle is about the same latitude as the southern state line of Virginia, you really get a feeling for the expanse of our state. We can't take credit for being the most southern state, just the best one.:D

Western (Dennis): I guess it'll be springtime in Springtown before long. This weather sure is giving me a case of spring fever. Love it!!!:thumbsup:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,394  
Bet we push to 80* out here on Thursday!!! this is crazy:confused3: It's better than the 20's, but come on.

Oh!!! Cnt believe another Cowboy arrested for "suspicion" of DWI (Ratliff).....Seriously????

#1,395  
Bet we push to 80* out here on Thursday!!! this is crazy:confused3: It's better than the 20's, but come on.

Oh!!! Cnt believe another Cowboy arrested for "suspicion" of DWI (Ratliff).....Seriously????

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,396  
Come on Dennis you can't still be surprised. With the amount of money those young men have in their pockets it's a wonder we don't hear more. Maybe they've just had too many shots to the head. Very few have a strong desire to set a good example for our youth like back in the day with Staubach, and Garrison and the like.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,397  

If you had to listen to Jerry Jones all the time, I'd bet you'd also sip something besides lemonade.:rolleyes:

Yep! Ratliff "ripped himself a new one." That arrest will close a lot of doors that were previously wide open for him. Thank goodness he didn't kill anybody.

My grandson's bicycle (one year old BMX) trashed a bearing that stabilizes the rear wheel sprocket. This isn't a coaster brake or anything, but the whole sprocket and rachet are a one-piece unit with a bearing that gets tensioned by a cone nut. The cone nut loosened and the bearing BBs all went bye-bye. I'd love to just buy a new rear wheel with everything in place, but it seems Hyper Bicycle Company doesn't sell anything but frames and a bunch of clothing. I can't find an exact replacement anywhere. I may end up buying a whole new rear wheel, but many/most of those don't even come with a sprocket (his is a 10t tooth rear sprocket). Maybe I can find a bearing that will work. This entire bike was $120 new, so there is just so much I'm gonna spend before hauling it off to the dump.:mad:

#1,398  
We will be the only town with an NFL team, that half the players are wearing ankle bracelets:laughing:

Jim, still have any warranty? I think your right, at $120, it will be hard to warrant a new wheel. I'd bet if you do find a replacement, it will likely be half of your original purchase at least.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,399  
Jim, still have any warranty? I think your right, at $120, it will be hard to warrant a new wheel. I'd bet if you do find a replacement, it will likely be half of your original purchase at least.

Yep, I know this is gonna be a snowball in Hades chance of finding a replacement. For one thing, the 10 tooth rear sprocket is rare. This particular bike has a 25 tooth main sprocket that's small diameter and a very small rear sprocket. It turns out that an internet search turned up many people just like me who have had the exact same failure. The cone nut that keeps the bearing in place will loosen and then the bearing loses it's balls. . . literally.;) Several people have replaced the rear wheel and sprocket for around $50-$60 bucks. I found an almost unused bike of the same model on craigslist in Bridgeport. They want $75, but I'm gonna tell them it's no good without a warranty and I just want it for spare parts. I'll offer $50 and then negotiate. Of course that's only if they haven't already sold the bike and/or will call me back. I'd go to a bike forum, but I find those are mostly kids just slinging insults back and forth for no obvious reason.:confused2:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,400  
Sweated while doing fence repair today...amazing!! If this keeps up, I'm gonna bet this will go down as the hottest winter in Central Texas....ever!