Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,431  
I am thankful I dont suffer from seasonal allergies!! I have known a few folks that are almost debilitated (sp)from bad allergies. Worst I get is Poison Oak/Ivy, or sumac reaction.

I am also grateful I dont get Migraines either, my daughter gets them and my dad gets the severe ones. he cant even stand sounds when he has a bad one.

BUT, on a more serious note, I went to Brookshires to get what my wife calls my "medication", Blue Bell Dutch Chocolate:D ALMOST $8 for a HALF gallon!!!!! Broke down and figured I try the "Generic" house Brand,,,, I almost think it is better!!!! Got the Chocolate with roasted Almonds and pure bliss.GoldenBrook Farms brand.:licking:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,433  
BUT, on a more serious note, I went to Brookshires to get what my wife calls my "medication", Blue Bell Dutch Chocolate ALMOST $8 for a HALF gallon!!!!! Broke down and figured I try the "Generic" house Brand,,,, I almost think it is better!!!! Got the Chocolate with roasted Almonds and pure bliss.GoldenBrook Farms brand.

Actually there's lots of good ice cream, but I've not been able to find any that was better, or a better price, than Braum's, so that's where we get our ice cream and milk.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,434  
I am thankful I dont suffer from seasonal allergies!! I have known a few folks that are almost debilitated (sp)from bad allergies. Worst I get is Poison Oak/Ivy, or sumac reaction.

I am also grateful I dont get Migraines either, my daughter gets them and my dad gets the severe ones. he cant even stand sounds when he has a bad one.

BUT, on a more serious note, I went to Brookshires to get what my wife calls my "medication", Blue Bell Dutch Chocolate:D ALMOST $8 for a HALF gallon!!!!! Broke down and figured I try the "Generic" house Brand,,,, I almost think it is better!!!! Got the Chocolate with roasted Almonds and pure bliss.GoldenBrook Farms brand.:licking:

The brookshires ice cream to me is better than blue bell I can't remember the name, but the creamery is in Tyler.

#1,435  
Actually there's lots of good ice cream, but I've not been able to find any that was better, or a better price, than Braum's, so that's where we get our ice cream and milk.

Closest Braums for me is 19 miles either way I go (Lake Worth, or Decatur ) BrookShires is only 11 miles..all one way of course

The brookshires ice cream to me is better than blue bell I can't remember the name, but the creamery is in Tyler.

Is it Goldenbrook Farms?? It was at the end of my sentence, but dont know if that is the producer, probably though.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,436  
Closest Braums for me is 19 miles either way I go (Lake Worth, or Decatur ) BrookShires is only 11 miles..all one way of course

Is it Goldenbrook Farms?? It was at the end of my sentence, but dont know if that is the producer, probably though.

Yes that's it. I loved that stuff before I swore off sugar.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,437  
Dennis, our closest Braum's is across the street from our only Brookshire's.:laughing: I like the people at Brookshire's and it's the only place I know of to get Pernell's Old Folks Smokehouse Sausage Patties (that's the sausage the Cracker Barrel serves); sure is good.

I only recently learned that Braum's pricing, on some things at least, depends on the pricing of other nearby stores. Milk at Braum's in Denton has always been less than Walmart prices, but I recently discovered the same milk is even cheaper from Braum's in Lewisviile.

#1,438  
Not hard to loose your hat today!! wind was howling!! Thought I'd be welding, but the chance of a fire running off into the sunset changed my mind.

Put 2 pieces of R panel on my parking shed to finish it and it was a struggle, if they'd been longer than 10', I'd not even tried in this wind. A blowing piece of tin can sure do some damage.

Chance of rain tonight and tomorrow, hopefully it is a nice soaker with no hazardous weather.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,439  
It was gonna rain Sat. Then Sunday. Then today. Now, tomorrow. We'll see. Hope.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,440  
Almost warm enough to go water skiing. For sure near a warm water outlet in a cooling lake near a power company.

My daughter (7) is begging me to plant the garden. I smile and tell her, "Not yet".