Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,441  
Almost warm enough to go water skiing. For sure near a warm water outlet in a cooling lake near a power company.

My daughter (7) is begging me to plant the garden. I smile and tell her, "Not yet".

At these temps (82* here today) you will be picking corn in May!!!:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,442  
Looks like we need to batten down the hatches, with wind warnings on the lakes and storms this afternoon. Sure want the rain but I can do with out the storms. Opened up the house yesterday and turned on the fans. MIL is visiting(how short is a visit?) and I thought she was going to ask me to turn on the A/C. She would not have liked how quickly NO came out of my mouth........NO A/C IN JANUARY.

Dennis-- I'm with you a nice soaker and no storms for everyone.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,443  
Looking at record temperatures today in the RGV. 91 degrees with winds constant in mid 20's with gust to 50 mph. No rain in the near future. Had to turn the AC on yesterday. :ashamed:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,444  
50% rain today....hope we get some...will be inside, getting 3 trigger fingers operated on today, both hands.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,445  
Looking at record temperatures today in the RGV. 91 degrees with winds constant in mid 20's with gust to 50 mph. No rain in the near future. Had to turn the AC on yesterday. :ashamed:

We didn't turn on the AC yesterday, but opened doors to let a breeze through the house to cool it off. And the NWS still shows a 70% chance of rain today, although the radar doesn't show anything yet.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,446  
Our chances show 80% today and there is a thin line of storms from north of Abilene northeast up past Oklahoma City. That should start sweeping across within the next couple of hours. When it hits this warm moist air, we should get a little excitement. I just hope it ain't all excitement and no precip.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,447  
No kidding. I'll take the rain, but Mother Nature can keep the high winds. My chainsaw already has a long work order, ha!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,448  
We've been getting scattered showers this morning. Drove through a bunch of them on the way home from work this morning.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,449  
Well shoot, 1st one blew through in 5 minutes, all bark and growl and not enough rain to wet the deck! This wasn't, the larger cell I see out West as Jim mentioned, but it got me all excited, wind picked up and them poooof.

And Welcome to TBN and the thread Econometrics

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,450  
And Welcome to TBN and the thread Econoetrics

Thanks, Western! Just got some land here in ETX, and looking forward to learning a LOT from you fellow Texans on here!