Page 146 of 593 FirstFirst ... 4696136143144145146147148149156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 5922
  1. #1451
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,370
    Location
    Wise county Texas
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

    Default Re: Texas Fall/Winter thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by econometrics View Post
    Thanks, Western! Just got some land here in ETX, and looking forward to learning a LOT from you fellow Texans on here!
    1st thing I could teach ya is you should have move further West Kidding of course, East Texas is some beautiful country, with more water than we have over here in the "center"
    Dennis


    "Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

  2. #1452
    Platinum Member econometrics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    682
    Location
    East Texas
    Tractor
    Deere 5075E MFWD OOS w/PR, 540E; Gator 825i

    Default Re: Texas Fall/Winter thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    1st thing I could teach ya is you should have move further West Kidding of course, East Texas is some beautiful country, with more water than we have over here in the "center"
    ...which I'm learning means more maintenance with all the wild growth! I'm enjoying learning all this, so far.

  3. #1453
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,370
    Location
    Wise county Texas
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

    Default Re: Texas Fall/Winter thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by econometrics View Post
    ...which I'm learning means more maintenance with all the wild growth! I'm enjoying learning all this, so far.


    If your into Hunting here is another good site to mess around on
    http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php

    Fishing: http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
    Dennis


    "Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

  4. #1454
    Super Member txdon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,022
    Location
    central Texas, Lee County
    Tractor
    Kubota L5030 1947 Farmall A John Deere Z910

    Default Re: Texas Fall/Winter thread!

    Ahh making my new favorite chocolate candy. Only three ingredients: dates, coco, oatmeal. Which leads to a batch of mocha muffins Only five ingredients: dates, coco, whole wheat flour, baking powder and coffee. Just have to boil and blend the dates and with the muffins a little oven time otherwise I just throw together the ingredients till it "looks right".

    No added fats, sugars, oils, eggs, butter, or milk - ingredients are all unprocessed, fits the stringent bill for heart healthy. Oh yea, it taste good.
    TXDon

  5. #1455
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,370
    Location
    Wise county Texas
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

    Default Re: Texas Fall/Winter thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by txdon View Post
    Ahh making my new favorite chocolate candy. Only three ingredients: dates, coco, oatmeal. Which leads to a batch of mocha muffins Only five ingredients: dates, coco, whole wheat flour, baking powder and coffee. Just have to boil and blend the dates and with the muffins a little oven time otherwise I just throw together the ingredients till it "looks right".

    No added fats, sugars, oils, eggs, butter, or milk - ingredients are all unprocessed, fits the stringent bill for heart healthy. Oh yea, it taste good.
    Don, those actually sound pretty good! When I was a kid, dried dates was our "sugar" for cereal and oatmeal.
    Dennis


    "Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

  6. #1456
    Epic Contributor Bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Posts
    37,442
    Location
    Texas

    Default Re: Texas Fall/Winter thread!

    It's been a long time since I ate any dried dates, but they were pretty good. And I hadn't been eating oatmeal for several years until recently. They might not be as healthy, but Quaker's Maple & Brown Sugar instant oatmeal, cooked with milk instead of water, is a right tasty breakfast.
    Bird

  7. #1457
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,370
    Location
    Wise county Texas
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

    Default Re: Texas Fall/Winter thread!

    This little squall line is packing some winds! Looks like Jim is getting, or about to, a good pressure washing from the front of this . I likely will get the tail or possibly the til, but already feeling the downdrafts!
    Dennis


    "Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

  8. #1458
    Epic Contributor Bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Posts
    37,442
    Location
    Texas

    Default Re: Texas Fall/Winter thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    This little squall line is packing some winds! Looks like Jim is getting, or about to, a good pressure washing from the front of this . I likely will get the tail or possibly the til, but already feeling the downdrafts!
    My wife has a 3 p.m. doctor's appointment. You wanta guess what time it's gonna hit here?
    Bird

  9. #1459
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,370
    Location
    Wise county Texas
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

    Default Re: Texas Fall/Winter thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bird View Post
    My wife has a 3 p.m. doctor's appointment. You wanta guess what time it's gonna hit here?
    Your probably right Bird! might as well put on a pot of Quaker Maple and brown sugar oatmeal
    Dennis


    "Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

  10. #1460
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,370
    Location
    Wise county Texas
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

    Default Re: Texas Fall/Winter thread!

    This storm has an amazing amount of lightning, incredible for such a thin line of storms. BIG time hail too! pea to marble size and heavy at times
    Dennis


    "Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Page 146 of 593 FirstFirst ... 4696136143144145146147148149156196246 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. So, You think you own your land...
    By JazzDad in forum Rural Living
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 10:20 PM
  2. Can someone help me find a thread?
    By JayC in forum News/Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 08:30 PM
  3. Metric wonderment experience
    By Edstir in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-03-2007, 05:50 PM
  4. Texan's view of the world
    By hazmat in forum Related Topics
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 01-20-2006, 12:50 PM
  5. Are hydraulic fittings pipe thread pitch or other?
    By adlertom in forum Hydraulics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-16-2004, 10:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.