Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,451  
Thanks, Western! Just got some land here in ETX, and looking forward to learning a LOT from you fellow Texans on here!
1st thing I could teach ya is you should have move further West:laughing::D Kidding of course, East Texas is some beautiful country, with more water than we have over here in the "center":laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,452  
1st thing I could teach ya is you should have move further West:laughing::D Kidding of course, East Texas is some beautiful country, with more water than we have over here in the "center":laughing:

:laughing: ...which I'm learning means more maintenance with all the wild growth! I'm enjoying learning all this, so far.

#1,453  
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,454  
Ahh making my new favorite chocolate candy. Only three ingredients: dates, coco, oatmeal. Which leads to a batch of mocha muffins Only five ingredients: dates, coco, whole wheat flour, baking powder and coffee. Just have to boil and blend the dates and with the muffins a little oven time otherwise I just throw together the ingredients till it "looks right".:)

No added fats, sugars, oils, eggs, butter, or milk - ingredients are all unprocessed, fits the stringent bill for heart healthy. Oh yea, it taste good.

#1,455  
Ahh making my new favorite chocolate candy. Only three ingredients: dates, coco, oatmeal. Which leads to a batch of mocha muffins Only five ingredients: dates, coco, whole wheat flour, baking powder and coffee. Just have to boil and blend the dates and with the muffins a little oven time otherwise I just throw together the ingredients till it "looks right".:)

No added fats, sugars, oils, eggs, butter, or milk - ingredients are all unprocessed, fits the stringent bill for heart healthy. Oh yea, it taste good.

Don, those actually sound pretty good! When I was a kid, dried dates was our "sugar" for cereal and oatmeal.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,456  
It's been a long time since I ate any dried dates, but they were pretty good. And I hadn't been eating oatmeal for several years until recently. They might not be as healthy, but Quaker's Maple & Brown Sugar instant oatmeal, cooked with milk instead of water, is a right tasty breakfast.

#1,457  
This little squall line is packing some winds! Looks like Jim is getting, or about to, a good pressure washing from the front of this . I likely will get the tail or possibly the til, but already feeling the downdrafts!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,458  
This little squall line is packing some winds! Looks like Jim is getting, or about to, a good pressure washing from the front of this . I likely will get the tail or possibly the til, but already feeling the downdrafts!

My wife has a 3 p.m. doctor's appointment. You wanta guess what time it's gonna hit here?:laughing:

#1,459  
My wife has a 3 p.m. doctor's appointment. You wanta guess what time it's gonna hit here?:laughing:

:laughing: Your probably right Bird! might as well put on a pot of Quaker Maple and brown sugar oatmeal:thumbsup:

#1,460  
This storm has an amazing amount of lightning, incredible for such a thin line of storms. BIG time hail too! pea to marble size and heavy at times