Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,471  
I kind of wonder about the pastures, hay fields, and such. With the recent warm spell and then a little rain, the grass in my yard is greening up and growing.

You're right, the bermuda is starting to green up in my pasture. Might be an early first cut this year!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,472  
My final total for the 'event' was 0.15" with a bit of lightning and one power drop that was only momentary. However, our power company makes sure we get plenty of practice resetting clocks. They don't want us to go for several weeks and forget how to do it.:rolleyes:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,473  
I kind of wonder about the pastures, hay fields, and such. With the recent warm spell and then a little rain, the grass in my yard is greening up and growing.

Bird, as it was last winter, 80% of my St Augustine is still green, not growing runners so much, but Green....Still

The portions covered in leaves look like they did last June!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,474  
You're right, the bermuda is starting to green up in my pasture. Might be an early first cut this year!
Probaly green up real nice,then have late freeze.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,475  
Bird, as it was last winter, 80% of my St Augustine is still green, not growing runners so much, but Green....Still

The portions covered in leaves look like they did last June!

Just one county line away and my grass is completely different. My St. Augustine is completely browned out as is my Bermuda. The only thing green in my yard is the tall fescue.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,476  
Probaly green up real nice,then have late freeze.

Aint that the way it usually goes?? I have looked at my Bermuda the last couple of days, ( no hay fields anymore) The Giant I have is still dormant, the hybrid in the yard, has very few greenish spots, but certainly not growing. If I recall, constant daytime temps of 80* really had my hayfield s on the roll.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,478  
Klien grass and Eastern Gamma are both green right at ground level still. They are last to go dormant, first to green up of the warm weather grasses.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,479  
Aint that the way it usually goes?? I have looked at my Bermuda the last couple of days, ( no hay fields anymore) The Giant I have is still dormant, the hybrid in the yard, has very few greenish spots, but certainly not growing. If I recall, constant daytime temps of 80* really had my hayfield s. on the roll.

You know it! I think its ground temp need to be 70's at night for the coastal to do anything. But its just hard to make descion lately on what to do with the pastures. Desided not to over seed the hay meadows with rye grass so it doesn't set me back on first coastal cutting. Thinking about sprigging another pasture but I have lost grass on the other that I don't know if can hold the cows long enough,and I'm going to be out of hay end of next month. **** if you do,dang'd if you don't...

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,480  
We got right at less than 1/4 inch of rain.
hugs, Brandi