Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,491  
Dennis-- Great haul. Looks like you had a good time on the water. It was a little too windy here yesterday to have much fun on the Fork. But you know fishermen I'm sure there were still some out there.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,492  
BUT, I did catch some fish!!:D

0131131114_zps5d9f33f4.jpg

Wow Dennis! You must like your fish like your parking lots: 1. Big, 2. Well Striped. ;):laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,493  
:laughing: Ahh Jim, now that was a good one, wish I wouldn't have had a mouth full of coffee when I read your reply, but now I have a cleaned pc screen:laughing::thumbsup:

Ron, I've been hearing reports on that lake too, I wish I was closer to some of those East Texas "ponds":D In fact most of the lakes with striper, are hot right now using artificials fished dead still (deadsticking) Towakini (sp) is real good too!

Charlie, Fork is a heck of Black bass lake, or it sure was in the 80"s when I tried to get out there allot, REAL good Crappie fishing too!!

Wind got up to 15nph yesterday, I'd say that is a decent "average" for Texas, on the water though it was still a bit cool.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,494  
:laughing: Ahh Jim, now that was a good one, wish I wouldn't have had a mouth full of coffee when I read your reply, but now I have a cleaned pc screen:laughing::thumbsup:

Ron, I've been hearing reports on that lake too, I wish I was closer to some of those East Texas "ponds":D In fact most of the lakes with striper, are hot right now using artificials fished dead still (deadsticking) Towakini (sp) is real good too!

Charlie, Fork is a heck of Black bass lake, or it sure was in the 80"s when I tried to get out there allot, REAL good Crappie fishing too!!

Wind got up to 15nph yesterday, I'd say that is a decent "average" for Texas, on the water though it was still a bit cool.

I haven't heard about Tawakani lately, I was scared to ask. It almost went completely dry from the last drought. Moses could've walked through there with no help at all.

#1,495  
I haven't heard about Tawakani lately, I was scared to ask. It almost went completely dry from the last drought. Moses could've walked through there with no help at all.

My little home lake (Bridgeport) is 15'+ low right now, only one ramp "kinda" open from what I've heard. I guess one plus for a low water levels is the fish have less area to hide:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,496  
My little home lake (Bridgeport) is 15'+ low right now, only one ramp "kinda" open from what I've heard. I guess one plus for a low water levels is the fish have less area to hide:laughing:

They have fewer hiding spots, but they aren't worried if the boats can't launch.:)

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,497  
Jinman and all, I admit I did not know this until you mentioned it and I found an article in the paper. So be careful.

I see what you mean about concerns eating grapefruit and taking certain meds. I just got thru reading an article about it from a Canadian report. Seems even a small amount taken hours before the medication can ramp up the metabilization of the meds like crazy. The main drugs concerned are cholesteral reducing types, some antibiotics such as erythromycin, and blood pressure and cancer drugs. The effects can be toxic and cause death. The reason they are so concerned is because many of these are taken by older people and older people like grapefruit so much. It says to get with your doctor and try to find drugs which are not metabolized by the liver enzyme that is inhibited by grapefruit.

#1,499  
Jinman and all, I admit I did not know this until you mentioned it and I found an article in the paper. So be careful.

I see what you mean about concerns eating grapefruit and taking certain meds. I just got thru reading an article about it from a Canadian report. Seems even a small amount taken hours before the medication can ramp up the metabilization of the meds like crazy. The main drugs concerned are cholesteral reducing types, some antibiotics such as erythromycin, and blood pressure and cancer drugs. The effects can be toxic and cause death. The reason they are so concerned is because many of these are taken by older people and older people like grapefruit so much. It says to get with your doctor and try to find drugs which are not metabolized by the liver enzyme that is inhibited by grapefruit.

Nice fish Dennis!

Thanks Kyle!

I was given a prescription for a muscle relaxer, basically supposed to help me fall asleep. Right on the side of the bottle it had the warning about citrus.

BTW , the doc said my problem sleeping was because I had "active brain disorder":confused3::laughing: Never been accused of that before!!:D

#1,500  
Bird, the way the weather has been going, you may have to start some PM on the Spring/Summer thread, oil change and filters, ect tra soon!!

Weather overall, has been seasonally nice this week