Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,511  
The 1st Nebulizer I had prescribed, I didn't like it, made me cough more that the flu did. When I got pneumonia, I actually enjoyed the treatment, it works. Of course I had a "purdy" nurse to help me out too (wife):laughing:

Jim, your right about the globetrotters, they are magical with a basketball!!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,512  
Jim,
Glad to hear you are better! I take it DW means Dear Wife?
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,513  
jinman;3182401 ( I got a big shot of steroids in one 'cheek' and a shot of antibiotics in the other. :[/QUOTE said:
What did the nurse say about your Speedo's with the Rockin' Anchor Ranch monogram?:)

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,514  
I haven't had a cold or the flu in awhile, but this is the first time I've had so much . . . hay fever? or whatever you call it. The sneezing and blowing my nose is bad enough, but the worst part is the itching eyes.

#1,515  
Just when I get on a roll with my "shop" it's going to get nasty again:laughing: I have been struggling to get it done between back pain and back pain, but it's slowly getting done. Only help I've had is putting up the corner post, my wife held'm while I welded them. I will never build a shop with used metal again, I like straight and crooked makes it tough!!

After I built my trusses, i had to figure out a way to get them up by myself, I thought of the hay spike I made years ago and went with the same concept. Quick and easy, this is it on my bucket lifting a 30' 2"x2" truss I made.

0122131548_zpsac894d9a.jpg

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,517  
I haven't had a cold or the flu in awhile, but this is the first time I've had so much . . . hay fever? or whatever you call it. The sneezing and blowing my nose is bad enough, but the worst part is the itching eyes.
Same kind of stuff down here in the Valley. Can get it to go away until the weather changes again.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,518  
Thanks guys!:)The medical equipment company bills Medicare about $30 a month for rental. If I keep the nebulizer for 13 months, it's paid for and mine, but medicare won't pay for another one. I know I'll probably keep it for two months at least and see how I feel. I really do hate to have Medicare spend money that's not needed, but I have mild COPD and this just might be helpful on a regular basis. I'll talk to my doctor.

[It's funny about the shots. The steroid shot I barely felt, but the antibiotic made my hip feel like it was cramping. It stayed that way all afternoon and is still a bit sore this morning. The nurse told me it would be uncomfortable and she was right. It wasn't anything I could not stand, but it was unusually painful. A young kid might really complain, but maybe their dose would be less.

If it goes out you can get one pretty cheap. My wife just bought a nebulizer compressor at Walgreens for $40. We use a mouthpiece at the hospital that delivers the 3 ml dose in 3 minutes, beats sitting around for 15 minutes. It does take 8 LPM of air flow. The shot was probably Rocephin antibiotic, it does hurt afterwards. It comes in the vial as a powder and has to be reconstituted with a liquid before you inject it. I use Lidocaine when I give a shot of it. It numbs the area for a while after the shot. Many nurses don't know you can use Lidocaine instead of sterile water to reconstitute Rocephin. It is in the package insert, not in the nursing drug books. If you get it in the future it would not hurt to ask.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,519  
Thanks Randy! That's great info. If I can find the nebulizer compressor, I'll do that. I hate for Medicare to pay inflated prices for things. You can clean and sanitize your mouthpiece and get lots of uses, and that's all available separately from the compressor. That's good info and I'll look into it.:)

#1,520  
Thanks Tw0-Bit, I wish the photo was better, but they where after thoughts with my cell phone (was showing my wife I wasn't "goofing" off:laughing:) It's tougher now messing with long sheets of metal or heavy post by yourself, but should be rewarding when I'm done.

This one is after I got the trusses in place (not welded yet) took less the hour with the boom.
0123131346_zps41d181a7.jpg

This is the first 2 runs of purlin,
0123131547_zps17e9d3b1.jpg