Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,521  
Looks like some heavy rain tonight! I can do with out the 1" hail their calling for though!!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,522  
70% thunderstorms tonight...we'll see...lately, it doesn't rain in a drought.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,523  
Thanks Tw0-Bit, I wish the photo was better, but they where after thoughts with my cell phone (was showing my wife I wasn't "goofing" off:laughing:) It's tougher now messing with long sheets of metal or heavy post by yourself, but should be rewarding when I'm done.

This one is after I got the trusses in place (not welded yet) took less the hour with the boom.
0123131346_zps41d181a7.jpg

This is the first 2 runs of purlin,
0123131547_zps17e9d3b1.jpg

Looks like it will be a strong building when you get done.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,525  
Thunderstorm watches/warnings and tornado watches all across central Texas...no rain yet, we'll see, it has a way of missing me...hope y'all get what you need re rain, nothing else.

Brandi, you'll love the new disc....numerous adjustments you can make which modify the way it works...angle of axle, weight on wheels, you can even take a disc or two off of the axle if need be. Be sure and explain to the neighbor how complicated all this is..tractor, matching equipment, maintenance, timing of work, etc....just so he keeps you doing the work for him and doesn't try it himself...he'll have sufficient excitement getting to his projected carrying capacity.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,526  
Thunderstorm watches/warnings and tornado watches all across central Texas...no rain yet, we'll see, it has a way of missing me...hope y'all get what you need re rain, nothing else.

About the time you were posting this (about 3 a.m.), thunder woke me and I could see there was a good bit of lightning, but I didn't get up. This morning, the NWS shows Denton got 1.17" and my gauge showed more like 1.21". I don't see any obvious problems outside, so it's only good news.

#1,527  
.92 here, I never heard a thing?? Went to bed around 11:50pm thinking it would wake me up. Best kind of rain , good amount and nothing else.

Two- Bit, I should be pretty strong, using metal I had previously put up/used, sure added to the PITA part!

Brandi, shops only 30'x40'x12', just the right size that in a while I'll wish it was twice that big:laughing:

Like the Offset too:thumbsup: you will love it and will never want anything without the hydraulic lift capability now! That one appears to have been used very little too..
I had a 20' double tandem offset in the 90's, they can smooth a field or do some serious digg'n. One thing I had done for tires, the local tire guy at the time, put on some small aircraft tires for me, they lasted for nearly 10 years!! So if you happen to know someone in the aircraft industry:D:laughing: a pair of thick tires are great, dont know about using on the highway though

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,528  
Okay, here I come all sad-faced and feeling slighted.:( I only got 1/3". It's hard to believe some of those numbers you guys are posting since you are so close. Seems my new ponds are full of rain repellant.:confused3:

Dennis: That's some great progress on your shop. Anything you did yesterday while the wind was blowing must have been pretty exciting.

Brandi: That's a very nice disc. Even if it doesn't work out, you won't have a hard time if you have to sell it. Let's just hope it does as you expect and becomes another productive tool.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,529  
My wife said the city's Code Red weather warning system called about 2:30 a.m., but since I'm nearly deaf without my hearing aids, it didn't wake me, so I recking that thunder around 3 a.m. must have been loud.:laughing: Anyway, we're sure thankful for the rain we got. And I guess as soon as it gets dry enough I'm going to have to start my annual Spring lawn work; i.e., dethatch, scalp, & fertilize.

#1,530  
Thanks Jim,
I want to get "back into" my metal art work and of course a shop is needed. It has been one of those "projects" that if something can be wrong, it is! From re-using most of the metal, to the guys I hired o pour the slab..(one end, ended up being 2-5/8" low) it complicates my notion of level and square. If you ask my wife, or others I have worked for, I am **** about those details:laughing: Been allot of "give" on this one to save $$.

I have also noticed the "deal" with the rain?? Usually you or I get the leading edge and Bird bats clean-up.

Bird, I am in the same spot you are, I have allot of pr-spring things I want to get done. I haven't even hardly started on the new gardens spot. Sometimes I feel like an old sock 4 puppies are pulling on, so many Irons in the fire.