Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,572  
I haven't seen a robin yet, and very few birds of any kind around the bird feeder lately.

Well Bird, that must be the difference between the city and out here in the woods in Wise County. My wife loads the feeder and it won''t last two days before the little birds just clean it out.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,573  
Well Bird, that must be the difference between the city and out here in the woods in Wise County. My wife loads the feeder and it won''t last two days before the little birds just clean it out.

Jim, it was the same here last summer, but not now. In fact, I frequently take our little dog with me for a walk in the woods in a nearby park, and I don't see many birds there either. I guess they'll return eventually. I did buy one of the thistle socks Dennis recommended and hung it in a tree this afternoon.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,574  
Bird, once they find it, they'll be all over it. I end up buying a couple of 5lb bags to re-fill them, works great and is the cheapest way to keep them full. If they get dirty throw them in the wash, or dishwasher.

I found re-filling them easiest with a small 6-8oz cup with the sock in the open thistle bag, that way any spillage goes back in the bag.

Worst case scenerio if you dont see a bird....look in the mirror BIRD..:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,575  
Worst case scenerio if you dont see a bird....look in the mirror BIRD.

No, I want to see pretty little birds, not a big, old, ugly one.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,578  
Don, sad story. She must've been a courageous person to chase a suspicious car down in the middle of the night and actually confront them. I tell everybody who has to pull over on the highway, to get as far over as possible and even off the pavement if it looks OK to get off. Even the shoulder should be considered dangerous.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,579  
Wow! Wind blew from the south all night and it was 55 F at 7 AM this morning. I think I'll take my brother's golf cart back to him while the weather is nice today. He has two or three nice steel barrels he wants to get rid of for space in his shed and I'll gladly take those off his hands. They are very clean with screw-in bungs and all have lids. One of them even has about 5 gallons of new multi-grade tractor oil in it. I won't use it in much but lawn mowers. But if it's clean, I sure won't waste it.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,580  
It ha been wind here since yesterday. Wouldn't you know it, a neighbor about 2/10ths of a mile South of me decided to burn trash yesterday:confused3: Thank goodness our Volunteer Firemen got on it quick, had it out for the most part in an hour. Hasn't been to long ago, idiots burned off half of Texas doing dumb stuff like this.