Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,581  
Dennis, I think daily I go away scratchin' my head over silly thoughtless things people often do. Not to pick on anyone, but I have yet to figure out why two detectives with a violent prisoner would pull into a Walmart parking lot and one of them leave the other alone while he went in to use the restroom. Not 1/2 mile from their location, there's a Grapevine Police Station where the detective could have gone and had plenty of backup. Instead, one officer almost lost his life and the criminal escaped for several days until found and shot. How do trained professionals make mistakes like this? I just don't think it can be explained away simply. It must be brain fatigue or something that affects people's ability to reason; not unlike your neighbor.

BTW: I postponed my trip to my brother's house today. He has a new home health person who is coming this afternoon and I didn't want to interrupt that. Looks like tomorrow he will get his golf cart returned.:)

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,582  
Jim, if you put the golf cart in the right direction, it will blow to your brothers!:laughing:

Yeah, that "incident" in Grapevine confused me too. Told my wife, if it was me and I really needed to go into a wally world, I would have called the local PD for a "standby". I would have at least checked to make sure the criminal was cuffed well.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,583  
NWS says our winds only got to gusting up to 38 mph, but it's definitely dying down now. And the NWS thinks there's a good chance of rain the next 2 days and nights after tomorrow, so I went ahead and spread fertilizer on the yard.

And I reckon most of us wonder a bit about that incident in Grapevine. There's obviously things we don't know, but it is a bit hard to understand how it could have happened since the officers apparently knew, or should have known, what to expect.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,584  
3/4 inch of rain today. Water still running into the new pond. Yippee.

Oh yeah..........no wind here.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,585  
3/4 inch of rain today. Water still running into the new pond. Yippee.

Oh yeah..........no wind here.
hugs, Brandi

Sure hope we're that lucky in the next couple of days.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,586  
Bird,
I sure hope Y'all get some too. Jim.......hold out your hat when it rains!
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,587  
And I reckon most of us wonder a bit about that incident in Grapevine. There's obviously things we don't know, but it is a bit hard to understand how it could have happened since the officers apparently knew, or should have known, what to expect.

Bird, any SOP I have ever dealt with and I would assume your department as well, would have had protocols to thwart something like this (the rules during a prisoner transfer) . Obviously the guy had his hands in front and access to glasses, which I remember them being used as weapons eons ago.

According to Mr Delcus, we may be in for a treat, but likely some bad storms too. At 5pm, the news was saying possibly 4-5 tornadoes on the ground in East Texas, and this was a smaller front than expected Tuesday night thru Wednesday.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,588  
It ha been wind here since yesterday. Wouldn't you know it, a neighbor about 2/10ths of a mile South of me decided to burn trash yesterday:confused3: Thank goodness our Volunteer Firemen got on it quick, had it out for the most part in an hour. Hasn't been to long ago, idiots burned off half of Texas doing dumb stuff like this.

What is it with some people? Yesterday started windy then got worse. In the afternoon it was howling around the house. Ah but no rain.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,589  

Yeah Bird, as I read the news, there were several sightings of the fugitive and info on his whereabouts that the general public never knew. I think the police were always pretty close on his trail. The phrase, 'hide in plain sight,' comes to mind. Had Grapevine Lake not been where it is, that fellow may have ended up in Denton County and heading north. His unfamiliarity with the area was certainly part of his undoing. As I'm sure you are, I was sure relieved to hear they found him. I have to believe that the way this turned out will save people's lives and lots of money.