Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,591  
Haven't been out in the dark to check the new gauge, but it has been a nice drizzle off and on since around 9:30 last night:dance1:

#1,592  
OK, 41* and have .36 in the gauge so far. Better than the last storm that rolled through already and we still have 2 days of rain to go:thumbsup:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,593  
OK, 41* and have .36 in the gauge so far. Better than the last storm that rolled through already and we still have 2 days of rain to go:thumbsup:

I haven't gone out and looked closely at the gauge, but looking out the window with my binoculars, it appears we got about the same amount so far. Glad I spread that fertilizer day before yesterday.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,594  
Yessir, Dennis, this is gonna be nice. I haven't been outside to check with accuracy, but my gage looks like 0.40" from inside. Those little soaking showers all night long sure put a happy face on me while I slept.

I got my brother's golf cart returned to him yesterday during great weather. He was blown away that I'd added the cargo bed and lights to the cart. When he looked at how clean and new the battery compartment looked, he could not believe how it turned out. I loaded up a bunch of junk out of his shed to take to the dump on the return trip. He called last night to tell me that he'd decided to keep me as a brother.:laughing: I had a good visit and he now can get around his place again. It's all good!:thumbsup:

#1,595  
Jim, sounds like you had a full day, hmm, I could use a brother that would haul junk too:laughing: What are you doing Friday "brother":D

Bird, I haven't put out fertilizer yet, usually the 1st of March, but as mild as it's been, I probably should have done it too. Hope this rain doesn't wash a majority of it down your street before it has time to soak in.

I had thrown out rye seed behind my house where I had done some brush clearing with my tractor, right now it looks like a green carpet! I swear that stuff would grow on a rock.

#1,596  
Jim, sounds like you had a full day, hmm, I could use a brother that would haul junk too:laughing: What are you doing Friday "brother":D

Bird, I haven't put out fertilizer yet, usually the 1st of March, but as mild as it's been, I probably should have done it too. Hope this rain doesn't wash a majority of it down your street before it has time to soak in.

I had thrown out rye seed behind my house where I had done some brush clearing with my tractor, right now it looks like a green carpet! I swear that stuff would grow on a rock.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,599  
Wow! Dennis, my old eyes looking through binoculars through a double pane window missed by a long shot. I just went out there and see that I may have as much as .18" of rain in the gauge.

Like you, I had intended to wait until the first of March to scalp the lawn, fertilize, etc. but with the grass greening up a bit, and the warm weather we've been having, I just got an early start.

#1,600  
Wow! Dennis, my old eyes looking through binoculars through a double pane window missed by a long shot. I just went out there and see that I may have as much as .18" of rain in the gauge.

Like you, I had intended to wait until the first of March to scalp the lawn, fertilize, etc. but with the grass greening up a bit, and the warm weather we've been having, I just got an early start.

I know what you mean Bird, nice weather gets a body out and in the "Spring" mode. Most of my little patch of St. Augustine never Browned this year, not actively growing really, but Green.

John, I think we all are still in some portion of drought, but I think we are in better shape righ now than you central boy's. Hopefully this Spring will get everyone "right side-up".