Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,611  
Brrrr! 23.5 F this morning. Luckily, there's no frost on the cars, but they are sure c-o-l-d.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,612  
You obviously need a better weatherman.;) :laughing:
no kidding.....about to hire a group of indians to rain dance for us here.....had a neighbor tell me it's cause we have too much iron in the ground here and the magnetic field repels the rain clouds.....oookaaay......he musta had a lot of good times in the 60s......:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,613  
Brandi and all who got enough to measure, I'm glad for you!

Me , desperately need new weatherman, or maybe rent yours when all your tanks are full...I got a trace...means shoes can't even get muddy stepping in roof runoff:thumbdown:

+1 on that. I wonder what they're going to do with those "islands" that popped up last year in Lake Travis. Or that "lake front" property that hasn't been near water in years.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,614  
Yesterday was pretty much a non-event. A little rain and just damp and cold. But it looks like east of us got a little nasty.'t

Tried that rain dance thing once and boy did it rain............I just didn't know how to stop it.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,615  
Yep, it was damp yesterday morning, but then sunny and very nice yesterday afternoon. Then sunny and cold this morning.

And of course timing is the most important factor in whether or not a rain dance succeeds.;)

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,616  
Looks like it will be more to normal temps for the next week. Wont be long though and we will see some green here and there!.

Checked my pond where I had been digging, after .62 of rain, it's up less than when we got .30?? More soaked in then I thought it would.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,617  
Jim, I tried to find if you had a garden thread somewhere? anyway, has your fence been keeping the deer out good and how high is it? I'm betting I will have to raise mine since the deer like coming in the yard. They have become somewhat dependent:laughing: Hey! guess that makes me a 1%er at least on my place:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,618  
Looks like it will be more to normal temps for the next week. Wont be long though and we will see some green here and there!.

Checked my pond where I had been digging, after .62 of rain, it's up less than when we got .30?? More soaked in then I thought it would.

I've been really surprised at how much is soaking in at my place, too. The pond is barely coming up with each .5" soaking we get recently.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,619  
no kidding.....about to hire a group of indians to rain dance for us here.....had a neighbor tell me it's cause we have too much iron in the ground here and the magnetic field repels the rain clouds.....oookaaay......he musta had a lot of good times in the 60s......:laughing:

Mike,
I'll bring some with me as I take two dressers over to my daughter in Austin, tomorrow.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,620  
You obviously need a better weatherman.;) :laughing:

All a better weatherman is going to do is be more accurate and tell you that you ain't getting any rain. :raindrop: What you need is someone that can make it rain or not. If you find such a person, let us know. I'm sure they would be a long lineup of people wishing to use their services. :)

Around here at this time of year we measure our moisture :snowflake: in feet and move it with shovels. Not much fun sometimes but it is what it is. :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers :)

Don