Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,631  
One of the "holes", ever see that movie with Siqourney Weaver:laughing:

0223131708_zps236f1345.jpg

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,633  
One of the "holes", ever see that movie with Siqourney Weaver:laughing:

0223131708_zps236f1345.jpg

It has been my luck (so far) to tie a chain up high on the tree. As high as somebody in the FEL (carefully) can reach. Then hook it up to our 5420 and pull it over. The first big post oak we actually chain sawed it to a notched hinge but when we pulled, the whole thing pulled over, trunk and all. So now while the ground is damp, I just pull the whole thing down with the tractor. No need to hire a stump digger. :)

#1,634  
Dirt was soft down to around 16" then the red clay was like bedrock. 3" dig on each pass:mad: I think I need more weight when the ground is this hard at depth. It will get it done though.

I thought about chianing up high on the tree, but I doubt it would have worked on these trees, but who knows, this was somewhat "safer".

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,635  
Dennis,
Sounds like it is a little on the wore out side. How wide a bucket is it?
Track tension is supplied with a grease gun. There should be a side plate on the track roller assembly that is taken off to get to the grease zerk. A few good pumps of the grease gun should supply enough pressure to keep the track on. Do you have a TSC nearby for a temp line? If so........take it out of the rental fee.
hugs, Brandi

#1,636  
Brandi, I was just thinking about TSC:laughing:How funny..

Bucket looks to be about 20" and has good teeth.

They called yesterday,(had the girl do it) said they couldn't get the hose in until Tuesday?? Also said if I operate it, I m responsible for any damage and to bring it back Monday morning. I figure I have 3-4 hours left on it and will have wasted 2 hours in hauling time.

It's the hose for the bucket (curl), so any easy swap, may have to run up to TSC, Line would be cheaper than 2 more trips in Diesel to the rental yard.

Wish I could have got a 400!!!:D That would do it and then some, for about $1500 a week:shocked:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,637  
Brandi, I was just thinking about TSC:laughing:How funny..

Bucket looks to be about 20" and has good teeth.

They called yesterday,(had the girl do it) said they couldn't get the hose in until Tuesday?? Also said if I operate it, I m responsible for any damage and to bring it back Monday morning. I figure I have 3-4 hours left on it and will have wasted 2 hours in hauling time.

It's the hose for the bucket (curl), so any easy swap, may have to run up to TSC, Line would be cheaper than 2 more trips in Diesel to the rental yard.

Wish I could have got a 400!!!:D That would do it and then some, for about $1500 a week:shocked:

Dang Dennis! Your trees seem to be winning this battle. It's bad enough to rent equipment, but when it's so much trouble to keep going, the frustration level drives me nuts.

The hoses on the excavator are probably ORFS (O-Ring Face Seal) types. That pretty much eliminates TSC hoses. My New Holland TLB uses ORFS and I love them except when I'm payin' for them. Your leak is typical of an aging hose. I don't know about the track jumping off except Brandi's explanation of tensioning with grease is common. You have to ask yourself if Cobb Rental is doing maintenance, inspection, and repairs on their equipment. A one-time renter like yourself should not have to deal with those kinds of issues. I think I'd ask for a full days rental refund and maybe hope they would give you at least a half-day credit.

Of course, if I weren't completely on the other end of the county, I could get those trees down for you in a hurry. Weight is your friend when working to fell trees. I'm not sure what the excavator weighs, but my TLB is 20k lb +.

#1,638  
Jim, I wish you where closer, shoot I'd buy you a brisket, some Blue Bell and take your grandson fish'n:laughing:

I read the contract (yeah finally, of course it's say's I'm responsible for every thing excluding the war in Iraq) m I thought it would be at least a 35HP, but it is a 29hp, less then my tractor:thumbdown: Weight on the paper work says 8,245#. I will call TSC, if they possible have something I will go look at it, but I will try to contact the owner before I use it (just in case), he didn't return my 2nd call yesterday, but had the front office girl call:confused3:

The learning curve wasn't nothing, actually a fun machine, but I cant think of what it would be good for on a job site that something else would be better suited.

I may pull the hose and see if it has a seal also, on the outside it looks like a compression fitting same as my Kioti. Also noticed this hose is not original. It is a small pin hole, was hard to locate, but when actuating the curl, it sprays a mist of maybe half a "T" spoon of Hyd. fluid. I even thought about a hose clamp, but....

#1,639  
Dang Dennis! Your trees seem to be winning this battle. It's bad enough to rent equipment, but when it's so much trouble to keep going, the frustration level drives me nuts.
Thats the truth, feel like I'm qualified to be on Gold rush now

I think I'd ask for a full days rental refund and maybe hope they would give you at least a half-day credit.
I'll try, but them having the girl call and warn me I'm responsible...hmmm I get a feeling I know where this is going.
Of course, if I weren't completely on the other end of the county, I could get those trees down for you in a hurry. Weight is your friend when working to fell trees. I'm not sure what the excavator weighs, but my TLB is 20k lb +.

I think your 1000% right, I figured that when I finished the 1st stump, if it didn't have the teeth, I'd been really screwed.

#1,640  
Here is the "pin hole" (at the tip of my finger, notice it blew out. not crushed are damaged by me.
0224130925_zps74b3346e.jpg

Here is the fitting, looks like a standard compression fitting. Edit, noticed after posting that I didnt get the end in the photo,eeerg!
0224130926_zpse4533b30.jpg