Page 173 of 718 FirstFirst ... 73123163170171172173174175176183223273673 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 7180

Default Re: Texas Fall/Winter thread!

I've never seen so few birds here in town in the past as I have this year. I've still not had a single bird around the thistle seed sock. And since I was not having any birds around the other feeder, I thought maybe it was because it wasn't clean enough. So I emptied it, thoroughly washed it, let it dry a couple of days, then put it back out with fresh seed. Two days I've seen just a couple of doves on the ground under the feeder, and I've seen 2 birds, and one squirrel at the feeder in the past week. I don't know what's happened.
    Bird

Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

Don, I wish I would have known that, was at the Lake Worth TX TSC today..where was the coupon? or is it a mail in kinda deal?

Bird , I dont know why you dont have birds? I can fill my sock and have finches on it within 5 minutes??! I have 4-5 pair of cardinals and misc. other birds that use the big feeder. I also have the Bluebirds back again, building the nest in the box now.
    Dennis

"Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    Dont think I'd want either in the mud though, the "mini" was over 9000#!!

Jim's TLB at 20k would have killed those trees!.. I considered a friend that runs a dozer, but he has a minimum that would have been twice what I ended up pay'n, but he'd have had it done in less than an hourr, guy's good.
    Dennis,
    That is what I thought until I finished out my new pond last summer with water and mud in the bottom. My foot left a deeper print than the tracks! That MTL was over 10,000 pounds.
    As to Jim's New Holland..............I heard his Mom told him he can't cross the street with it!
    hugs, Brandi

Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

Quote Originally Posted by bindian View Post
    Dennis,
    That is what I thought until I finished out my new pond last summer with water and mud in the bottom. My foot left a deeper print than the tracks! That MTL was over 10,000 pounds.
    As to Jim's New Holland..............I heard his Mom told him he can't cross the street with it!:laughing:
    hugs, Brandi
    Brandi, thats the best laugh I've had all week I dont think he is allowed to gt out much, I have almost caught all the fish in his pond and have never seen him out!!
    Dennis

"Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    Don, I wish I would have known that, was at the Lake Worth TX TSC today..where was the coupon? or is it a mail in kinda deal?

Bird , I dont know why you dont have birds? I can fill my sock and have finches on it within 5 minutes??! I have 4-5 pair of cardinals and misc. other birds that use the big feeder. I also have the Bluebirds back again, building the nest in the box now.
    I'd like to know about that coupon, too. I figured I'd buy more seed at TSC if any birds ever show up around here. It's weird and I don't know why we don't have the birds here. Normally, you could walk outside, see birds on the power lines, hear birds in the trees, as well a at our feeder and birdbath, but not this year so far. I was kind of taken by surprise a couple of days ago when I went outside and actually heard one mockingbird, but only that one time.
    Bird

Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by txdon View Post
    Camp Swift is about 15 miles away as a sober crow would fly Southwest.

Yesterday I heard 14 shots in 4 seconds on my north fence line. What kind of gun would that possibly be?
    At least I know he's got my north side covered.
    Someone nearby has a licensed (hopefully) full auto machine gun or rifle.
    hugs, Brandi

Tractor
    Kubota L5030HST, 1947 Farmall A, Hustler FasTrak

Just got back from our 3rd fire in nine days, this is starting to remind me of work.
    The coupon came on a post card from TSC. Actually two coupons on the post card. one was 10% off entire purchase and the other for a free tube feeder (walk out with the feeder) with any bird seed. If you order on-line the 10% off promo code is Q1SD1304C and the bird feeder has no code just the hard coupon. Offers are good till 3-10.
    TXDon

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Quote Originally Posted by bindian View Post
    As to Jim's New Holland..............I heard his Mom told him he can't cross the street with it!
    hugs, Brandi
    No! No! No! That's not what she said. She said she better not catch me across the street with that hoe. . . backhoe of course.

And with that ladies and gentlemen, I'll bid you goodbye before I get banned from TBN. Honestly, Brandi, you set that up so perfectly that I just could not resist.
    Jim

Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post
    No! No! No! That's not what she said. She said she better not catch me across the street with that hoe. . . backhoe of course.

And with that ladies and gentlemen, I'll bid you goodbye before I get banned from TBN. Honestly, Brandi, you set that up so perfectly that I just could not resist.
    Thats how things get "screwed around" when heard "3rd party" Glad you set us str8 Jim Said almost like an ex-Navy man
    Dennis

Tractor
    Kubota M7040SU 2010

Looks like the wind is finally laying down and today looks like a good day for a road trip. I've got to run over to Hughes Springs this morning to pick up some Catfish for our Fish Frys at church for the next 3 weeks. I'll be glad when this Lent thing is over. But a Road Trip on a pretty day is always is something to look forward to.

Charlie
    M7040 SUD,
    LA1153 FEL
    Rino 272 Shredder
    Land Pride 6ft Box Blade
    Hay Spear

Page 173 of 718 FirstFirst ... 73123163170171172173174175176183223273673 ... LastLast