Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,851  
Ron, sounds like you would have had a better day staying at home pulling weeds!!! saved some cash too:laughing:

Dennis,
You got that right.
I tried to send my "parts runner" to make the pick ups until she asked: "And what will you be cooking for supper?":D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,852  
Ron, sounds like you would have had a better day staying at home pulling weeds!!! saved some cash too:laughing:

Foreman, If I read your post correctly, Doc said you could get back "at it" on the 16th?? So why are you out in the pasture??? Might as well milk it all you can and lay low. Also, eat a heck of allot of Blue Bell Ice cream and you wont be back on here in 2 months saying you "did it again" :confused3::laughing:

He said was fine to be out in pasture for alittle bit,just don't be doing anything but looking.:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,853  
Then flu shots, paperwork went fast, since we were in the computer from last year, but waited 20 minutes for the pharmacist to finally give us the shots.

Ron, last year Walgreen's sent us the paperwork in the mail, so we could have it with us when we went in. Now that paperwork and notice came in the mail on August 14 last year, so we stopped by and found that they had the vaccine, but that Medicare wouldn't pay for it until September 2, so we went back on September 2 and got our flu shots; first time I'd heard of the "high dose" shots, but that's what we got.

So I was surprised when we didn't get the paperwork from Walgreen's this year, but we went in the morning of September 16, and since we're in their computer, got the paperwork done, then, like you, waited until the pharmacist came out and gave us the shots. And when the mailman came that afternoon, he delivered the forms from Walgreen's.:laughing: They just came a bit more than a month later this year than last.:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,854  
Dennis,
You got that right.
I tried to send my "parts runner" to make the pick ups until she asked: "And what will you be cooking for supper?":D

Ron, cooking isn't so bad if it replaces a trip to the "big city":laughing:

He said was fine to be out in pasture for alittle bit,just don't be doing anything but looking.:D

Yeah and what would you do if you found a momma cow calving?:laughing: If your like me, you would have to get your hands dirty AND the point of my snide comment was to give you a good excuse to indulge in some good ice cream!!!!:thumbsup::laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,855  
Dennis, You got that right. I tried to send my "parts runner" to make the pick ups until she asked: "And what will you be cooking for supper?":D

Ron;

Remember "He who cooks does not clean."

Good luck with that!

Rick

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,856  
Have to agree with you there. I remember when they built the upper for I-35, never understood why they didnt go farther, but as you said, another mad house during the day time.

Yeah, that was just about the time when they started thinking that if they just didn't build roads and infrastructure people wouldn't move there. A guy named Jeff Freidman was mayor and that was his brainstorm. I think he actually claimed the population of Austin could be capped at 40,000 or something like that.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,857  
So I was surprised when we didn't get the paperwork from Walgreen's this year, but we went in the morning of September 16, and since we're in their computer, got the paperwork done, then, like you, waited until the pharmacist came out and gave us the shots. And when the mailman came that afternoon, he delivered the forms from Walgreen's.:laughing: They just came a bit more than a month later this year than last.:laughing:

They called us on the phone last week to let us know the shots were in. Pharmacist said something about the first stuff they got was recalled so they had to wait until the next batch arrived.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,858  
I had a great uncle that lived in Vernon. I used to pass through WF when going up to visit him. It was an easy drive in that area. I also found when I was driving through Amarillo, several years ago, that the lights were timed to let traffic flow. If you hit one light red, when it changed if you got up to the speed limit, it was the ONLY one you'd catch red, all the way thru town. I think the DFW area times them to make sure you catch each one red, of you get up to the speed limit.

In the cities there is no way to 'time' traffic signals accurately because the drivers texting, etc mess up any calculations. :D

I do have to say most of the streets in downtown Houston are timed pretty well. Traffic moves out pretty well. It starts backing up out on the edges when people think they can pause and check their twitter and texts at the lights.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,859  
Ron;

Good luck with that!

Rick

I think that rule only applied in The Republic of Texas 1836 to 1846:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,860  
Ron;

Good luck with that!

Rick

Here's one from a friend who had been married 50 years. She kept the saying on the 'fridge.

"No husband was ever shot, while he was doing the dishes."

And I'll take cooking to going to town almost any day, but I don't have that option of either/or.