Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #181  
I got in at 5am and it was 36 degrees, sure felt colder after being out in it all night. Frost line must have been a tad North of my place and D/FW. Didn't see if it dropped by daylight as I passed out by 5:15:laughing:

You got in at 5 and I got up at 5.:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #182  

I was up at 5 am myself reading some court opinions and old articles on an interesting case from back in Harris county from the mid '60's. Very interesting and I clearly remember the incident occurring and the main player and some of the people who were involved in the investigation. The guy was a former Mayor if Pasadena who was a renowned criminal defense lawyer who was the mastermind behind a home invasion ring targeting some well to do businessmen. He served 27 years on a 60 year sentence then was out two years and got sent back to prison on another extortion charge which was another fantastic case. I had never read the appellate courts decisions before but they were extremely interesting and involved some extremely interesting legal reasoning on the issue of how one can effectively give consent to search when the cops have a warrant which turns out to be faulty. A fifth circuit panel ruled or him and en banc the court reversed their own panel.

There should have been a movie.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
must a been good night! :D

One of those jobs they say "will only take a little" Yeah right!:laughing:

.............and I went to bed at 5.
hugs, Brandi

It doesn't take much, BUT now y'all got me confused!!:laughing: I was so cold and stiff, I would have laid down like I was, but the boss would have kicked out of the bed.

It feels colder out right now though, temp says 31 degrees at 2:07am

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #185  
So you guys are sending all the rain and cold weather this way. Hope your weather improves. We don't want to spend the winter in TX if it is going to be cold. :thumbdown:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #186  
So you guys are sending all the rain and cold weather this way. Hope your weather improves. We don't want to spend the winter in TX if it is going to be cold. :thumbdown:

We'll trade you some warm weather if you'll bring us some rain.:thumbsup: We are really having a mild fall. I remember snow around Thanksgiving in previous years and Leon Lett will NEVER forget the snowy Thanksgiving Day Game and the old Cowboy Stadium in Irving.:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
Cold is a relative term, isn't it? :D

On my wife's side..ah yeah!!! OH you didn't mean "relatives":D

Last night the news said we are just over 21" behind on rainfall for the year, that is measured at D/FW airport. With the amount of trees and brush I have "lost", it feels more like a 30" deficit.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #189  
thats the thing we are behind 21 inches,but really need 30 inches of rain to put us back at even an a tad of cushon.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #190  
Denton, TX, supposedly has an average annual rainfall of 37.79 inches. I figure so far this year, I've gotten 23.27 inches so that would only leave me 14.52 inches behind for the year. I just really don't think we'll make up much of that before the end of the year. And if it hadn't been for that 7 inches in May, we'd be even further behind.