Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,971  
In baking we substitue applesauce for the oil/shortening - that way less time is needed on the treadmill. :thumbsup:

Don,
We will give applesauce a try. Always willing to try something new.
Now if I can talk the chef/baker/candle stick maker, into it:D
Ron

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,972  
How about them Aggies yesterday? 45-33 over Arkansas. More like a basketball score. Gig'em Aggies.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,973  
Ron,

TxDon,
I love your "pasture" shots. Do you get many bluebonnets. I know Jim planted his!
hugs, Brandi

Bluebonnet's don't like my type of beach sand soil. I do have few come up every year, (very small) and you have to look hard to find them.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,975  
Don,
What is your recipe for an applesauce pie crust?
I see applesauce used as a partial substitute for oil but not for shortening.
substitutions - Why can applesauce be used in place of oil? - Seasoned Advice

If you are looking for the traditional perfect flakey fat laden piecrust like you are use to forget it. The applesauce makes the crust harder. It's best to completely redesign the crust. There is one with grape nuts cereal but I can't find it right now. There are also some date nut crust that are also good, but you have to watch the fat count in the nuts used. There is just not enough health value in a sugar/fat pie to excite me, only enough to remind me of my ambo ride. But a challenge to you - Can you make a heart healthy pie that taste good even to you?

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,976  
Now I'm sitting in recliner
With pillow under knee catching up on TBN. Can barely walk and .....

Hey I'm doing the same thing but also with ice. If you need to get it fixed I know a good Doc in College Station if you are near there.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,977  
pacerron; The photo is absolutely lovely!

robby; I hope that you heal quickly!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,978  
Cool thanks... I usually can treat once and the fly/mineral tubes will take care of them but I have treated them 3 times past couple months,actually last time was 9/16 and they need it again already.

I do same thing with mineral stuff and use a knockdown spray on daily feeding. I share a fence line with a few other cattlemen that are more "substance" so I have never been able to shake the flies.
These have been effective for grasshoppers though.

Attachments

• image-3564392854.jpg
    image-3564392854.jpg
    505.2 KB · Views: 77
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,979  
Dennis,
Try the Onan 4C they are talking about on the link you provided. Also...........have you replaced your fuel filters?
hugs, Brandi

Brandi, My understanding is they dont make the "4C" any more and it was more used for a combustion chamber cleaner, similar to Seafoam. Being it was the weekend, no way to get filters.

I will try Cummins in Ft worth. I want to change the oil filter also, I dont know what it is and if fuel has been able to bypass the cylinders to the oil. I will also get a fuel filter, but will likely try to use up this tank of gas unless forced to change it 1st, No telling what residues where/are in there!! Manual has first oil change at 20 hrs, but you know how that goes on an engine that has mostly sat there!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,980  
Brandi, My understanding is they dont make the "4C" any more and it was more used for a combustion chamber cleaner, similar to Seafoam. Being it was the weekend, no way to get filters.

I will try Cummins in Ft worth. I want to change the oil filter also, I dont know what it is and if fuel has been able to bypass the cylinders to the oil. I will also get a fuel filter, but will likely try to use up this tank of gas unless forced to change it 1st, No telling what residues where/are in there!! Manual has first oil change at 20 hrs, but you know how that goes on an engine that has mostly sat there!

Holy Onan Power Batman...............FOAM the runway and get rid of that tank of gas. No telling what all is in it........probably a lot of moisture from sitting. Could even have some rust in it. At 7 hours running, I don't see gas getting past the rings, unless it was ran out of oil once. The oil may have condensation (moisture) in it also. Always change all fluids and filters when you do not know the history of any engine or equipment that uses any type of fluids.
hugs, Brandi