Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,111  
The jack has 4 wheels so as you are jacking up it slides underneath the mower.

The MoJack only has 2 wheels and they are only for moving it into position, so it won't move as you raise the mower. And since I've only used mine in the grass in the yard instead of on a hard surface, it wouldn't move anyway. And my Toro has an unusual (to me at least) feature that I'm not sure I like. The MoJack manual says the mower has to be in "neutral" as you raise it. Well, the Toro has an electric brake; no problem I reckon, as long as you know about it. I not only pull both handles in, but I also have to turn the key on to release the electric brake.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,112  
Ron here are a few more pics. The weight of my Z is 1600# so I wanted to get at a 500# lift for the front end. If you have a smaller mower you can use the 300# lift. On some of the pics you will notice I had not yet lowered it a bit to lock the side steel bar. The hydraulic jack takes 24 foot pumps to reach max height. The handle out front is just to move the entire jack into position. The jack has 4 wheels so as you are jacking up it slides underneath the mower.

TXDON;

Like your work lights. What kind are they? LED or incandescent? Where did you mount your switch?

Thanks

Rick

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,113  
You guys with your Z-mowers and lifts make me jealous until I remember I don't have anyplace to put another mower or equipment. I just got my real estate tax statements for this year and realize it's a "penalty for progress" tax.:mad: My total tax bill for this year is $3500, so I guess I don't really have much complaining to do because I'm sure I'm on the lower end of the scale compared to some of you.

But your paved road had no effect on taxes, yet.
Maybe that's an anticipatory tax. ;)
Our taxes always are for the previous year, so folks often breath a sigh of relief when it is a re-assessment year and the taxes don't go up much. And then the next year they faint:confused2:
It sometimes seems double painful when the market values of property have dropped significantly but the assessed value goes up any way.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,114  
TXDON;

Like your work lights. What kind are they? LED or incandescent? Where did you mount your switch?

Thanks

Rick

Rick those are skylights. Clear roof panels. All the metal was obtained in LaGrange and built by TBN members with Harvey's pole connectors. There's a thread somewhere here about it.

I was going by TS one day and they had an incredible deal on their rubber horse mats. That's the floor now.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,115  
Rick those are skylights. Clear roof panels. All the metal was obtained in LaGrange and built by TBN members with Harvey's pole connectors. There's a thread somewhere here about it.

TXDON;

I'm talking about the front lights on your Z910A.

Rick

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,116  
TXDON;

I'm talking about the front lights on your Z910A.

Rick

OHHHH! The switch is neatly placed between the choke and the throttle. I don't know what kind of lights they are, my Uncle had JD put them on when he bought the Z new. I have not used them yet.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,117  
I always get my coupon in the mail right after buying something big at TSC.

Rick

Geez,
I knew I was right for getting after the wife for not opening the junk mail.

Something else for the, TO DO: list.
Remember the coupons and stock up on oils, etc.

Does anyone use the " house brand" hydraulic oil from TSC in their tractors?
I've read some precautionary things on the net about tractors with wet brakes and clutch plates from using non OEM hydraulic oil specs.
If not, what brand of hydraulic oil do you use?
Both my tractors are beyond warranty but the new one will be coming up on a 1200 hour hydraulic oil change next year.
That will take 15 gallon, so a good reason to start stocking up :(

I just changed the hydraulic filter yesterday at $54 made in Italy.
Engine oil filter at $24, made in China
My old tractor $34 for both filters, made in Mexico.
All from my friendly NH dealer.
Have you ever wondered why they always smile, when you walk up to the parts counter :D

Is anything made in the USA anymore?

I see where Sam Walmart is starting a "made in America" campaign, which is great, if they can find anything.
When he started out, wasn't the pitch then that, "everything was made in America"

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,118  
OHHHH! The switch is neatly placed between the choke and the throttle. I don't know what kind of lights they are, my Uncle had JD put them on when he bought the Z new. I have not used them yet.

Thanks. Don't ever mow in the dark but, have been a few times when I mowed late and was a long way from the shop. Lights for trip home would be helpful. Thought about mounting lights on the ROPS but it is mostly folded down due to low tree limbs.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,119  
The MoJack only has 2 wheels and they are only for moving it into position, so it won't move as you raise the mower. And since I've only used mine in the grass in the yard instead of on a hard surface, it wouldn't move anyway. And my Toro has an unusual (to me at least) feature that I'm not sure I like. The MoJack manual says the mower has to be in "neutral" as you raise it. Well, the Toro has an electric brake; no problem I reckon, as long as you know about it. I not only pull both handles in, but I also have to turn the key on to release the electric brake.

The mower has to be in neutral so the back wheels can move in toward the Mojack, since it doesn't move.
Somthin has gota give when you make a triangle or your MoJack would get a nasty bend in it, or you wouldn't be able to turn the screw jack so easy.

Remember the old 3 leg tripod type bumper jacks for cars. If you didn't have the car in neutral and the handbrake off, the back two legs of the jack would raise as you cranked the car up.
Boy, I bet the young guys on here never saw a jack like that, let alone a real bumper on a car:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,120  
Remember the old 3 leg tripod type bumper jacks for cars. If you didn't have the car in neutral and the handbrake off, the back two legs of the jack would raise as you cranked the car up.
Boy, I bet the young guys on here never saw a jack like that, let alone a real bumper on a car

It's been a few years since I've seen one, probably about 50 years, but I've used them, and liked them.