Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,141  
Dang bird, my wife can't breathe good if its over 70 degrees. I always joke in the summertime that its cold enough to hang meat in our house.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,142  
Just noticed that I am a Silver Member? Seems I went from new member to member, skipping cardboard member, tin member, pot metal member, jumping straight to Silver Member. Whoa!

How many posts to become unobtanium member?

Woo Hoo!

Rick

PS; getting windy in Colorado County. No rain today but, still hoping.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,143  
Dang bird, my wife can't breathe good if its over 70 degrees. I always joke in the summertime that its cold enough to hang meat in our house.

Our thermostat is set on 78 and we usually have the ceiling fans going. It's still warmer than I'd prefer and my wife says it's cold in the house.:confused3: If she's sitting on the sofa watching TV or reading, she's at least partially covered up with a little blanket. There was a time, long time in fact, when I kept the thermostat on 70-72, but no more.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,144  
Many a June, July, and August night I sit in living room watching tv bundled in a blanket.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,145  
I know this is a Texas thread but I had to share anyway.

image.jpg

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,146  
Winds came up at 9:30 PM, temperature dropping, now 72 degrees. Supposed to get down to High 50's tonight. Sitting on back porch with a Jack Daniels and a good cigar watching it happen. Life is good!

Still hoping for more rain.

Rick

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,147  
Rick: We're just west of you. Conditions here are the same. Our temps are dropping and wind has picked up. 72 with gusty winds. Watching the wather now out of San Antonio. Rain is getting close to Kerrville. There is also a line of showers near Beeville.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#2,148  
Our thermostat is set on 78 and we usually have the ceiling fans going. It's still warmer than I'd prefer and my wife says it's cold in the house.:confused3: If she's sitting on the sofa watching TV or reading, she's at least partially covered up with a little blanket. There was a time, long time in fact, when I kept the thermostat on 70-72, but no more.

Bird, if it's 78* in our house, the AC is broke:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,149  
I know this is a Texas thread but I had to share anyway.

robby; Leave off the last 2 words, and it fits perfectly! :laughing:

Thanks for posting that, as it was funny!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,150  
Bird, if it's 78* in our house, the AC is broke:laughing:

Dennis, I suppose the thermostat setting is a bit misleading. As you know, the temperature can vary in a house, from room to room and from high toward the ceiling in a room vs. low to the floor in the same room. Our thermostat is, of course, on the wall at about eye level. I did not turn the heat on last night, and this morning, the thermostat showed it to be 76 degrees. My infrared thermometer showed 77 degrees. However, here at my desk in this room, it's 72. But 75 at the level of the seating in the living room. So at 75, I want a fan going, while my wife wants a blanket.

Incidentally, outside this morning, it's 47.