Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,261  
All of my work went well with what was, 6 Ws, to be 2 hours turned into 30 minutes with the help of my new impact gun,, So I got in a couple of hours of seat time,, till the rain came,, Still have about 20 Acres to do.. been cutting for the last week 4 to 6 hours aday,, I got a friend that is 92,, well he may not know we are friend heck sometimes he don't know who he is.. His name is Cowboy,, looks, acts and talks like a cowboy,, so I guess he is a cowboy,, so if you act, talk and look like a cowboy then you can be a cowboy too.. Anyway he has about 50 acres of pasture,, that only gets cut when I cut it.. its on the south side of me and when the wind blows from the south I get his weed seeds,, so I mow it in the fall to keep my pasture a little less weedy.. He came by this morning trying to pay me.. I told him you already paid me cowboy.. I don't charge friend,, only customers,, but I don’t have any customers either.. so he had to tell me a story,, same story I hear every time he comes over.. I just smile and listen,, It good to be retire and no time schedule.. Just do what you like when you like to do it.. Play it again Sam.:). Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,262  
Getting some good rain here,been pouring down...

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,265  
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,266  
Lou, did you know Mikim used to man the weather station in Angleton for years before he retired to Paige? He had to hang out for Ike or whatever hit down there about 6 years ago.

Speaking of, the weather guys are saying the hurricane in the Pacific off of Mexico is going to bring a lot of rain this way.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,267  
1.2 inches of rain since 6:15 this morning. I spent the morning at a funeral in Katy. Then the next 2 hours reminiscing with 6 friends at Texas Land & Cattle Co. on I-10 west. That area.........if I blinked, I would get lost nowadays . It's growing everywhere and buildings all the way out to Katy now. Too many people down there (and here) now. I'm ready to move!
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,268  
A solid 1/2" today. Thanks to the Rain Dancers!

Rick

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,269  
1.2 inches of rain since 6:15 this morning. I spent the morning at a funeral in Katy. Then the next 2 hours reminiscing with 6 friends at Texas Land & Cattle Co. on I-10 west. That area.........if I blinked, I would get lost nowadays . It's growing everywhere and buildings all the way out to Katy now. Too many people down there (and here) now. I'm ready to move!
hugs, Brandi

You and I both Brandi.. they are also moving south.. The county is putting in a new four lane county road.. CR220.. more like a loop around Angleton,, south side,, I have had several offers for our land because of the right away.. from farm land to commercial.. pasture to homes.. but that is growth.. lets move to west Texas where there is a drought all the time.. it's normal.. plus it closer to Vegas.. selling point for my wife.. "we can be in vegas in 12 hours from there honey".:rolleyes:. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,270  
Pushed over 3 post oaks, averaging about 20-24" diameter at 4' above the ground. It's great to have a large enough MFWD tractor to be able to push many of them over, trunk and all. Was able to push over some trunks left over from last year's chainsawing.

Push 'em over and lift them up with the FEL and haul 'em to the burn pile. Sometimes I chain and drag them. The hardest part is picking up all the broken branches when they fall over. I usually pick up the big stuff and run over the rest with the 6' HD bush hog.

Some don't push over so easy, so I may wait until spring to try them again or after a big rainfall.