Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,491  
Looks like chlorine is at 2.486 sg. How many fish would that kill if it didn't evaporate?

I'd bet it'd kill them ants fast with a small quantity.

Better idea, remember those flat, big magnifying sheets of plastic to put in front of a small TV? How about if you put one over a mound and let the sun bake each mound for a day? Solar powered ant killer. No toxins.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,492  
LOL!

Is that what started this new crazy ant phenom? Seriously, if you weren't drinking the hooch, I wonder if it would kill the ants? Hate to waste a bottle of Everclear to find out....Maybe I have a lab quality sample at work......hummmmm?

I think I'd get a bottle of 91% Isopropyl Alcohol and try it. That's over 180 proof, but undrinkable. Don't waste the corn squeezin's on ants.:)

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,493  
Ruling

Looks like Texas underground water will be treated like rain water in Texas. First to capture has all. I think it's ok for personal use and irrigation on your property, but when you sell large quantities to water districts or cities you are selling your neighbors water also and they should be compensated.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,494  
No Jim, I was raised with them.:mad: Dad:thumbsup: always, back in the day, gave them a generous drink of gasoline;) and then gave them a bar-be-que.:D I seem to have less fireants mounds here now then we did back then in our yard, back then.:confused:
hugs, Brandi

I know a fellow, who many years ago, found a mound of the big red ants in the pasture across the road from his house. So he poured gasoline on the mound and lit it; burned off 3 acres and had both the landowner and the fire department mad at him.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,495  
Ruling

Looks like Texas underground water will be treated like rain water in Texas. First to capture has all. I think it's ok for personal use and irrigation on your property, but when you sell large quantities to water districts or cities you are selling your neighbors water also and they should be compensated.

Yep, it's a case where you will not be allowed to participate in arguments against the permit and, therefore, not have redress against someone who captures water out from under you. Certainly, aquifers are widespread and their resource is felt over more than your 2-county area. This just seems to be a sneak preview of things to come with Prop. #6 of the upcoming election. With the growing metropolitan areas and their thirst for ever more water for landscaping, parks, and golf courses the near future water wars may just be heating up.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,496  
I hope prop #6 fails but I'm seeing goody goody commercials on TV for it already.

Jim, I used a table spoon of dishwashing detergent with gallon of water and all the ants are lying around dead. It was a quick kill. I'll try a few more mounds.

Whipper played a little too bit aggressively this morning with my prize coral snake. I have been seeing it off and on now for 5 years and I was trying for a record. Whipper broke him in half and after I put the halves back together he was 39" +- 1".

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,497  
I hope prop #6 fails but I'm seeing goody goody commercials on TV for it already.

Jim, I used a table spoon of dishwashing detergent with gallon of water and all the ants are lying around dead. It was a quick kill. I'll try a few more mounds.

Whipper played a little too bit aggressively this morning with my prize coral snake. I have been seeing it off and on now for 5 years and I was trying for a record. Whipper broke him in half and after I put the halves back together he was 39" +- 1".

Don,
I voted against prop #6. Dang.............I thought coral snakes only got to be about 15 or 16 inches long. Your's sounds like a monster.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,498  
We nearly always vote early and this year we vote for 3 of the propositions and against the other 6 (including #6) but traditionally don't nearly all proposed constitutional amendments pass in Texas? I'll be surprised if all don't pass this year.

But we all may have our posts removed for being a political discussion in this forum.:rolleyes:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,499  
Well bird, the "political" topic is STILL relevant to the TEXAS thread. So it is where it belongs, not in the politics arena that is mostly National.

That being said, Halloween is less than a week away. So, if someone believes we can't have our own discussions, I'll put a "hex" on them! And here is proof that I can do it too! :laughing:

Happy Halloween, y'all!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,500  
Well bird, the "political" topic is STILL relevant to the TEXAS thread. So it is where it belongs, not in the politics arena that is mostly National.

That being said, Halloween is less than a week away. So, if someone believes we can't have our own discussions, I'll put a "hex" on them! And here is proof that I can do it too! :laughing:

Happy Halloween, y'all!

:laughing::laughing:That just might be the best looking witch I've ever seen.