Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,711  
FG thanks you so much for your encouraging words and the sky are not cloudy all day..
I think after this whiskey and candy match..
going with beer and protein bars,, lite vs non lite with the high energies caffeine sticks,, three for five dollars.. at your local,, home on the range corner store..
would you like to try my slurpee?
I will Report back when new information is received.. for now this is me signing autograph..
Bring your own picture and I will sign your name to it.. So you will know who you are later when you get home.:eek:. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,712  
Yeah a square bale,can pick it up at anytime:D Are you going to the auction tomorrow in noonday? I would like to go but don't think can get calves loaded, hauled to sale and make it there in time. I had a tree fall on fence today,so grabbed the tractor,cut it up in sections to move. Usually the hay meadow never gets soft but I found one along this fence line,with a log picked up backed up and the frontend went out of site. Lucky I dropped log and my rear was still good,lowered the loader to pick up the front end so could see the front tires again and was able to back out. The ruts filled up with water,gonna have to watch were I drive alittle closer for awhile. sorry no pics,this time...

No, not going to Noonday tomorrow. Heading into Dallas for Sat / Sun for a Mavs game tomorrow night and the Cowboys game on Sunday (what am I thinking?! Ha!)

I hear you on the softness of the ground. Glad you didn't bury the tractor!

Even just mowing a little spot today was interesting. I was really rutting stuff up making turns at the end of the fence line so I called it quits to wait a few more days.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#2,713  
Nice crisp 45* this morning, not a bad way to start the deer season, except I should be 'going" to bed right now, not getting up. These are the times night shift "aint" so good, spose I could sleep in the deer stand:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,714  
Yawl know that bite size Twix with Canadian mist,, not bad at first but after an hour or so.. little to sweet.. but snickers and Canadian hunter not bad.. that was last night.. tomorrow night Chivas Regal Scotch and tootsie rolls.. looking for the right blend.. so I can tell my friends.. bone app tit... or is that Bon Appetit,,:confused3::laughing: Lou

Lou, Good Idea, an App for chocolate and liquor. Your are really trying to pull me out of retirement and get a business going - this one might work!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,715  
Nice crisp 45* this morning, not a bad way to start the deer season, except I should be 'going" to bed right now, not getting up. These are the times night shift "aint" so good, spose I could sleep in the deer stand:D

Dennis,
Dad and I hunted a few years after I started working nights. I quit hunting when he got too old to go hunting. I remember numerous times, out deer hunting with Dad, he would walk up past my feeder before I woke up. How many deer did I miss while asleep?
An ex employer had replaced all our plane's cabin seats and I took a double first class seat home and made it a single seat .....with swivel casters..........complete with recline. Everybody that hunted from that first class seat complained about falling to sleep. So I guess it wasn't just my daytime sleep pattern.

I also made a double seat up on 2x4 skids. Dad and I built a double wide deer stand (lined with used airline carpet) so my kids could come hunting with me. It was a great learning experience for everyone involved. Turns out the double seat made it awkward to get a comfortable shooting position. Wish I would have took photos of all of these stands and seats.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,716  
Lou, Good Idea, an App for chocolate and liquor. Your are really trying to pull me out of retirement and get a business going - this one might work!

Three musketeers chocolate bar and Jim Bean whiskey.. Take a nibble take a sip,, take a nibble take a sip.. When you can't say that anymore,, then you stop talking and but continue to eat and drink.. I don't think we could go into business Don,, You and I would run out of in-ven-tory,, anymore of them their chocolate left?.:laughing:. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,717  
Yep, we would just be selling the App without samples - may not work....

#2,718  
Brandi, when I was young, a "crook" in a tree was good. Now as I get older, comfort is good!! I'd rather be comfortable and not see nuthin:laughing:

#2,719  
Lou, somewhere in that equation you have to have pretzels!! maybe chocolate covered pretzels!!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,720  
Three musketeers chocolate bar and Jim Bean whiskey.. Take a nibble take a sip,, take a nibble take a sip.. When you can't say that anymore,, then you stop talking and but continue to eat and drink.. I don't think we could go into business Don,, You and I would run out of in-ven-tory,, anymore of them their chocolate left?.:laughing:. Lou

With that product to market, I'm afraid I'd eat and drink all of the profits! Otherwise, I'd be asking to go in on the venture with y'all! :D