Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,751  
Can't be me Lou. I'm not young, but not old yet, just in those awkward years....

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#2,752  
I dont think I'm old, but I think food effects me more now:laughing: For instance, last night we had "breakfast" for dinner, scrambled eggs turkey bacon, biscuits and gravy. Thinking of Don, I added allot of vitamin "C".......Cheese:D:shocked: This morning my plumbing is in total chaos!!:laughing:

Just ribb'n ya Don:thumbsup:

See light rain to the South! maybe it will work it's way North the next couple of days, 59.7* and moderate SE winds this morning

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,754  
Reisling pairs well with Milk Chocolate or Semi-Sweet. The right Sauvignon Blanc also pairs with milk chocolate as well. The general rule is that the wine should be sweeter than the chocolate so that the flavors come through.

Here's a link. If you google wine and chocolate, you can get several sites that discuss pairings that work well.

Pairing Guide | The Art of Chocolate Shoppe

Cabernat Sauvinon and dark chocolate is really a great combination. I make a flourless dark chocolate cake and serve it with a rasperry reduction and the Cab. Outstanding.

Interesting. I knew about the bacon and wine pairings, but not chocolate. :thumbsup:

While I will eat milk chocolate, I prefer the dark, and the dark also has the health (antioxidant) benefits. Now you really MUST share the recipe for the flourless cake! :D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,756  
Okay the more I read on here.. I am thinking maybe liquor is not the way to go.. We are not getting any younger,, we need something to make us feel young.. So now what do ya'll think about tuna and dark chocolate?.. with or without sugar,, salad or baked,, tuna stew with dark chocolate on the side or added when the soup is hot.:licking:.
I would like to come up with a slogan: Like it smells like tuna but taste like chocolate,, or What the heck is that?.. I don't know but it good for your heart,, ya'll know a selling point.:rolleyes:. anyway think it over and let rest of us know your thoughts.. I am sure we can come up with something.. we are about half smart.:shocked:. the other half of us has a problem.:laughing:. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,757  
Lou; I don't think I could fathom the thought of even trying tuna and dark chocolate. I'd be like a kid and pick out the chocolate and feed the tuna to the dogs! However, I wonder how it would taste if one grated dark chocolate into a pot of pinto beans? :confused3:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,758  
On the serious size for once and once only Farmgirl.. I do add couple of square un sweet dark chocolate to my chili.. Give just a bit of bitter.. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,759  
On the serious size for once and once only Farmgirl.. I do add couple of square un sweet dark chocolate to my chili.. Give just a bit of bitter.. Lou

I'm going to try that, the next pot of chili that I make! :licking:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,760  
NOT a Partridge in this pear tree.