Page 29 of 719 FirstFirst ... 19262728293031323979129529 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L3700SUHST

Default Re: Texas Fall/Winter thread!

I am very glad I could help everyone here in central Texas. I poured my concrete slab and driveway Tuesday morning and it was covered just in time for the rain to start. A few pock marks from the nearby treeline on one corner, but otherwise it is fine and acting as a rain attractor.
    Kubota L3700SUHST, AG-Meier Mohawk 5' Rotary Cutter, Armstrong AG 5' Boxblade, Armstrong AG 5' Landscape Rake
    Scotts 50560x8 50" Riding Mower

Quote Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
    I am very glad I could help everyone here in central Texas. I poured my concrete slab and driveway Tuesday morning and it was covered just in time for the rain to start. A few pock marks from the nearby treeline on one corner, but otherwise it is fine and acting as a rain attractor.
    I'm sure we all appreciate it, John. I'm now up to about 1.95" for the last couple of days and it's still sprinkling a little.
    Bird

Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

Quote Originally Posted by Bird View Post
    Yep, Dennis, in addition to the 1.08" I mentioned above, I've gotten over a half inch since 7:30 this morning. I went to Walmart on the north side of Denton about 10:20 this morning, got back about 11:25 and it looked like it had been snowing in my neighborhood, but it's piles of sleet.
    Bird, that's funny you mention sleet, i told my wife that I thought I saw a little sleet, she said I was crazy, "not cold enough"....wemon...geeez

Quote Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
    John, you the man!! Weather man say's we're still over 9" below average, so keep pouring concrete. No need to worry about the "pock marks" they'll add traction to your driveway
    Dennis

"Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Tractor
    Kubota M7040SU 2010

It was raining yesterday evening and it must have rained all night. I checked the guage early this morning and we got 1 3/4 inches......WOW, haven't had that much at one time for quite a while. Let the horses out and it looked like a river running through the pen.

Charlie
    M7040 SUD,
    LA1153 FEL
    Rino 272 Shredder
    Land Pride 6ft Box Blade
    Hay Spear

Bird, that's funny you mention sleet, i told my wife that I thought I saw a little sleet, she said I was crazy, "not cold enough"....wemon...geeez
    Dennis, like I said I went up on the north side of Denton and then I got back within a quarter mile of home; couple hundred yards north of Exit 460 on I-35E, before I noticed all that white stuff alongside the road, looked like snow, but I first thought a truck or something might have spilled soap suds or such. Then when I got off the Interstate service road, there was that white in the valleys of all the roofs as well as in the yards. Turned out to be pea sized or smaller ice (sleet) and there was one little pile in our backyard that was no more than 2' across, but so deep it made me ask my wife if she had raked it up there and she denied it. There's still just a little bit of that pile left this morning.

It was raining yesterday evening and it must have rained all night.
    Charlie, I just went out and emptied my rain gauge. I figure my grand total for this spell was 2.4". I think it's all over and the NWS shows Denton only got .01" since midnight. That's the most we've gotten since a 5 day spell that included damaging hail in May.
    Bird

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Bird, your total topped me. I only got 1-3/4 for the total storm. It rained very slowly for a long time and soaked into the ground. I'm extremely pleased to get this much rain without any damaging wind/hail.
    Jim

Tractor
    Several, all used and abused.

Another 3/4 of an inch last night for a total of 1.5 inches out of this storm. Tomorrow I burn!!!!

Eddie

Tractor
    Kubota L5030HST, 1947 Farmall A, Hustler FasTrak

Be careful Eddie, I took our new fire truck on it's first call to a brush pile that escaped, but that was before 2 days of light rain. 1.5" in Lee County!

With 1500 gallons of baffled water it sure was drifting around a long curve. We might have to look for front bumper weights.
    TXDon

Texas - from the brush and pear to the piney woods
    Tractor
    John Deere 110 TLB

Recall when we had snow on Corpus Christi beach on Christmas a few years ago?

Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

Quote Originally Posted by two_bit_score View Post
    Recall when we had snow on Corpus Christi beach on Christmas a few years ago?
    Now that would have felt "odd" , Only times I've been down there was summer and the humidity was unbearable for me. I did go to a men's bible camp near there in the 70's with my dad and it was kinda cool. Somewhere near Brownsville I think.

You guy's did pretty darn good on the rain totals, with all the thunder and lightning you'd have thought We would have a foot here, but yet ended with a trace over 1/2". Maybe I need a new rain gauge, mine has a big hole on the top
    Dennis

"Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Page 29 of 719 FirstFirst ... 19262728293031323979129529 ... LastLast